BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone wanting a closeup of the controls of MF seats - see pic.
Top left - is lumbar control
Top left 2 buttons - width of active bolsters when inactive
Lower left to right:
- thigh support
- Seat base fore and aft and height
- Seat back, inner two buttons are for shoulder pitch, and also height of headrest
- Two seat position memories

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks - I never thought you could adjust the shoulders section !!! Will test on my car - should have read the manuals closely !

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
360bhp said:
Thanks - I never thought you could adjust the shoulders section !!!
Hadn't you noticed that the headrest is too far forward if you don't move the shoulder section back?

·
Registered
198 Posts
can those of you that have the seats give us some idea whether you think this is a must have option and how much do you really use it for everyday driving;does it add any xtra comfort for long distance or is it purely for better feel and grip when you are taking corners at speed.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
riaz said:
can those of you that have the seats give us some idea whether you think this is a must have option and how much do you really use it for everyday driving;does it add any xtra comfort for long distance or is it purely for better feel and grip when you are taking corners at speed.

Thanks
Those controls are exactly the same as the comfort seats in the E60 5 series. If the only difference is the headrest, I can vouch that the comfort seats are the best I've ever sat in. I would consider them the number one option of all the options available.

·
Registered
198 Posts
please can I get some more insights; i am about to finalize my options

thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
to be honest its a great toy to have but a luxury. The manual inflating side buffers are sufficient as per standard car in the UK as on std sports seats. They always grip as tight or as light as you would like.

Only BIG plus for Active Seats are safety headrests.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Passengers have said that the dynamic side bolsters really help in hard cornering, I guess as drivers we dont feel as much as we have the steering wheel to hang onto.

Its one of the few things that once the tyres are scrubbed you can enjoy during the run in. And people are amazed at the lateral grip of the car with quite a few people commenting on the grip from the dynamic seats helping.

As a driver I find the seats very nice and have them in dynamic mode allmost all the time.

Sacha...

·
Registered
198 Posts
thanks for the helpful insights

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wolverine is right. I have it on my 04 X5 4.4 and it is the best option on the car. They are clearly the most comfortable seats I have ever had...but they are not sport seats so I suspect sport seats will be firmer, but having the articulating upper section come to your back is really nice.

Wolverine said:
Those controls are exactly the same as the comfort seats in the E60 5 series. If the only difference is the headrest, I can vouch that the comfort seats are the best I've ever sat in. I would consider them the number one option of all the options available.

·
Registered
256 Posts
riaz said:
please can I get some more insights; i am about to finalize my options

thanks
I think they are brilliant, I have my city every day driving programmed to no.1 and no.2 for when I am going fast in the twisty stuff - seat closer to wheel, wheel lowers a little, side bolster moved in, shoulder pitch also slightly forward, I like to be close & upright when driving fast.

I love all the adjustment, I would have optioned it even if it were not standard here in Australia. Well worth the investment IMO.

Long trips you can really adjust the 3 lumbar positions and get especially comfortable, I had fully adjustable seats in my M3, only thing it didn't have was shoulder pitch or electric headrest and thigh support

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sounds great. I have multifunction seats on my CLS55, but it lacks the upper articulation and thigh support. Bimmer is much more comfortable. I hahe another month until I get my M5...

1.NEON said:
I think they are brilliant, I have my city every day driving programmed to no.1 and no.2 for when I am going fast in the twisty stuff - seat closer to wheel, wheel lowers a little, side bolster moved in, shoulder pitch also slightly forward, I like to be close & upright when driving fast.

I love all the adjustment, I would have optioned it even if it were not standard here in Australia. Well worth the investment IMO.

Long trips you can really adjust the 3 lumbar positions and get especially comfortable, I had fully adjustable seats in my M3, only thing it didn't have was shoulder pitch or electric headrest and thigh support

1 - 12 of 12 Posts