BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,

I'm looking now for a used 07/08 M5. I found a really good one with 7'000km on the odometer. A 08 M5 with almost every option including USB/Ipod Connection but without those "Multifunctional seats/Active seats(or how do you call them?).

So my question is, are they really necessary or can I just go without them?

Well, the other way to gis for an 08 M5 with 4'000km on it, including Multifunctional seats,softlocse,everything...BUT without this UBS/Ipod Connection. So is it possible to fit this Ipod Connection in an 08 M5? I only saw this in 07 M5.

Thanks

Dominique

·
Registered
368 Posts
personal choice I think. My car has them and I love them, great for some of the back roads we have over here and prob good come resale. But as I say you dont 'need them' as such just another nice option to have.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
The M Multifunction seats (option code 4MA) are a desirable feature but I rarely used them. Not necessary if the rest of the car is good IMHO.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm well I really don't know which car I should choose, this one with USB or the other one with Multifunction seat but without USB. hmm...well somebody know if it's possible to mount this Ipod Interface in the glove box in a 08 M5?

Then I will go for the car with the Multifunction seat.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
hmm well I really don't know which car I should choose, this one with USB or the other one with Multifunction seat but without USB. hmm...well somebody know if it's possible to mount this Ipod Interface in the glove box in a 08 M5?

Then I will go for the car with the Multifunction seat.

Thanks
It is. You mount it in place of the 6 disc changer, so you do lose the changer. In the US, this is between $400-$500 at the dealer and about $200 if you follow the DIY found in the stickies.

Keep in mind that this is different from the USB port which is mounted in the center console and will take any USB device. IMHO, the USB port is the better of the two options, but only marginally. All else equal, I would choose the car with the multi-function seats and install the iPod interface.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Like the others have said...a nice feature, but not an absolute necessary option to get. I don't feel it does much anyway. I'd rather just put the bolster on full "tight" rather than squeeze between the turns :)

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have both options on my 08 and if i had to choose to be very honest i would choose the car with the Ipod, for one i take long trips and i'm a music lover with a huge collection enjoy very much accsessing it through Idrive,the seats are fun to have but i could live without them, plus i barely use them.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
USB can always be added, I like the seats....vented is nice

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you sure? I've seen some articles and they have written that you could NOT add the USB/Ipod Connector in the center console when you are not ordering a new M5.
So there is maybe only the way to add Ipod in the glove box but I don't know if this is available in 08 M5's.

·
Registered
232 Posts

This is not correct. You can add an iPod adapter, which goes in the glovebox, they do not (at this time) have an "addon" USB device.

The only way to get USB today is the 6FL factory option.

-F

·
Registered
994 Posts
Agreed. The seats are great when you don't want to be hugged but encounter unexpected turns on unfamiliar roads. They really hold you in place. Vented really helps with swamp back too. I prev. thought vented was weak but although it doesn't fell strong your back is left bone dry

Reactions: chakka
1 - 13 of 13 Posts