BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my stock mufflers with nice aftermarket set...I'm going for looks and sound as I know there's no hp to gain...I'm not looking for a top of the line piece - - just a mid-range piece that looks pretty and sounds good...Suggestions? :cheers:

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
I hate to say this, but try running a search. There are countless threads on exhuast options for the M5. Your basic options include Kelleners, Tubi, SuperSprint, Remus, AC Schnitzer, BB Triflow, Miltek, and G Power. There are a bunch of sound clips if you just run a search. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I am personally going to get KELLENERS next week, but, truly its up to you, alot of people like tubi, but personally its to quiet for me, thus why elected to get kelleners, but if you go to Beastpower you can find lots of alternatives and sound clips, hope that helps, Josh

·
Registered
489 Posts
I've got Dinan, I love the sound, it's a nice rumble and gets a little higher pitched at higher speeds/higher rpms. I wish I had a good sound clip for you but unfortunately I dont. I'm having trouble attaching pics, but if you would like to see some PM me and I can email them to you. The pipes are a bit wider than the stock ones and I think they look a bit more aggressive, but its not a huge difference from a looks perspective. The sound is a lot louder than stock. There is some excess cabin noise, but in my opinion it's loud enough to enjoy during spirited driving without being overly obnoxious when trying to enjoy the company of your passengers.

BGKBCK said:
I'm looking to replace my stock mufflers with nice aftermarket set...I'm going for looks and sound as I know there's no hp to gain...I'm not looking for a top of the line piece - - just a mid-range piece that looks pretty and sounds good...Suggestions? :cheers:

·
10,458 Posts
supersprints look nice and are decently priced, but you'll gain little in sound if you only replace the mufflers. Dinan's sound nice, but aren't cheap. I like the kelners myself too. Similar style tips to stock, just bigger, good sound etc. For what I think you want, that would get my vote.
Mike

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey There.

I have the Kelleners. They were on the car when I bought it, but really love the sound. I would replace them in a heartbeat if anything happened to them. They have a wonderful rumble.

As far as looks, you can tell they are not stock. Here is pic of my car.

·
Registered
330 Posts
With the current selection I would pay a tad bit more and get the Tubi since it actually makes some horsepower, has a nice sound, good fit. My Second choice would be Supersprint.

If you buy Kelleners and SS Xpipe you are basically in same price range as Tubi.

Also the Kelleners is rarely in stock anywhere including the US importer. So expect a wait.

I have the Kelleners, its a real piece of garbage and I will post up why at a later date along with pics. I cut it open. What I found is amazing for such a "high quality exhaust system." Its a joke they want this much money for 2 muffler cans with their POS welds.

Stay tuned and sorry about hijacking this thread.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the advice cherrsagai and photo's too...Decisions, Decisions...

·
Registered
487 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts