BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone on Board tried this and actually Dyno the beast ?

questions :

Muffler delete and secondary cat delete with software will it lose power because of the back pressure ?

If the mufflers are in place and section 1 and 2 are straight will this free up more flow but give the beast enough back pressure causing it to not lose TQ ?

did anyone try this ?

I am looking to remove the oem pipes what would be the best solution besides buying an exhaust system?

If i wanted to remove the mufflers how can i modify the exhaust to gain power ? remove 2nd cats ?

·
Registered
222 Posts
There Are some Good Questions For anybody looking for Light Mods.....

Answers Anyone ?

More or less i think you have to tune the Ecu for mods period. Its a N/A motor so i think it needs Pressure for the scavenger effect... To have good power output.. The V10 is a Big motor so there's a power to free up if done right.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did some research and Evosport provided a secondary cat delete and according to them frees up about 10Hp and a few LBS of torque ..

·
Registered
259 Posts
two things.
if you do this, please have your car dyno'd, before and after.
i'd check with a local muffler shop before dropping ~$700 on two pipes.

:dunno:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
id just go with a full cat back exhaust just make sure its mandrel bent and 304 stainless steel you can save big on getting a custom exhaust from a custom shop than buying some name brand one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts