BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I plan on doing the muffler delete on my E60 M5, I already have the secondary cats deleted. I do not want rasp or drone..
-Has anyone deleted one set of mufflers inner or outer and left a pair of stock mufflers on?
-Any videos of muffler delete with secondary cat delete?
-Can the stock tips be welded on to the piping that will replace the mufflers?

Any input would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Do u just have the secondary cats out as of now? Or do u have that and the resonator out. Your best bet is to put the cats back on and delete the mufflers. You should just delete the oem mufflers all together, will save u weight. Then just get some good tips. Hope this help !

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Hey Malaka...lol. this is great! My buddy's dad use to call him putsulamo when we were young...lol

hit up DocsV10. he cut his secondary cats, left on the resonator and deleted his mufflers. I have heard it up close and it sounds good.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I had my resonator and muffler deleted and it was LOUD! I had to reinstall the resonators and now the car sounds perfect. Not to mention I felt there was some performance loss from taking the resonator out. Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Even back in my civic days, i never would take out my reasonators. Cat deletes and exhaust delete..

By the way, how much you guys think is a fair price.. Im getting quoted of $500 for labor alone.. Plus 200+ for some tips.. $700 sounds expensive for a exhaust delete..

By the way im buying my tips off of ebay

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Even back in my civic days, i never would take out my reasonators. Cat deletes and exhaust delete..

By the way, how much you guys think is a fair price.. Im getting quoted of $500 for labor alone.. Plus 200+ for some tips.. $700 sounds expensive for a exhaust delete..

By the way im buying my tips off of ebay
Maybe there is an added premium for cutting cats?

·
Registered
690 Posts
So I plan on doing the muffler delete on my E60 M5, I already have the secondary cats deleted. I do not want rasp or drone..
-Has anyone deleted one set of mufflers inner or outer and left a pair of stock mufflers on?
-Any videos of muffler delete with secondary cat delete?
-Can the stock tips be welded on to the piping that will replace the mufflers?

Any input would be much appreciated!

Here's my current setup:
*Both (really all 4) mufflers removed
*Secondary cats removed
*OEM resonator left on
*3.5" gloss black tips

I couldn't be happier!

One more thing: whatever you do, LEAVE THE RESONATOR ON! This is right after I had the resonator removed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqncsaEZ7mQ). Went back the very next day and had them reinstall the resonator!

I just got back from a race event this past weekend, and will be posting some videos shortly.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well thank you for all your responses! I did remove the resonator once and it was really bad rasp put it back right away.
So I decided instead of trusting a shop to do a good job lining up the tips, being confident in their welds etc. I just ordered the UUC Corsa system I will post videos to show how it sounds with the secondary cat delete and corsa axle back. Only thing I may change are the tips on the UUC Corsa exhaust I prefer the factory tips to these.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Well thank you for all your responses! I did remove the resonator once and it was really bad rasp put it back right away.
So I decided instead of trusting a shop to do a good job lining up the tips, being confident in their welds etc. I just ordered the UUC Corsa system I will post videos to show how it sounds with the secondary cat delete and corsa axle back. Only thing I may change are the tips on the UUC Corsa exhaust I prefer the factory tips to these.
Good choice! Be sure to come back and post some sound clips/videos!

Good luck!

·
Registered
431 Posts
when you say resonator, you are talking about the xpipe part in section 2 or something else?

What would leaving the mufflers and just removing the resonator sound like?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
when you say resonator, you are talking about the xpipe part in section 2 or something else?

What would leaving the mufflers and just removing the resonator sound like?
Mike, just try it and find out :p

Nice to finally meet you this weekend, btw. Small world that we both happened to be at Performance Technic at the same time!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Mike, just try it and find out :p

Nice to finally meet you this weekend, btw. Small world that we both happened to be at Performance Technic at the same time!
Actually, it looks like Phu (pnguyen) has just that setup, if I'm interpreting his post correctly. Stock exhaust, but with only muffler delete. He's local, too (sorta...he lives a bit ways out, but still in NorCal).

·
Registered
431 Posts
yea nice to meet you to Randy. i'm sure i will be back at PT quite a bit, thanks for the recommendation BTW

Well I actually have the Megan exhaust on my car and it sounds nice but I wanted to go a little louder, but I do not want raspy. I am just curious what the actual resonators are on this car. Any one have a pic of the stock resonators? I was under the impression from another thread that it was the x pipe in sec. 2. I have a 2.5 inch Magnaflow X pipe that I could have welded in there, but i dont want to do that if its going to make it too raspy.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
yea nice to meet you to Randy. i'm sure i will be back at PT quite a bit, thanks for the recommendation BTW

Well I actually have the Megan exhaust on my car and it sounds nice but I wanted to go a little louder, but I do not want raspy. I am just curious what the actual resonators are on this car. Any one have a pic of the stock resonators? I was under the impression from another thread that it was the x pipe in sec. 2. I have a 2.5 inch Magnaflow X pipe that I could have welded in there, but i dont want to do that if its going to make it too raspy.

The stock section 2 is a combo X (maybe H?) pipe and resonator. So it's that square thing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,033 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
As far as raspiness goes, I think it's mainly deleting the primary and secondary cats that will attribute the most. I don't think the xpipe/resonators will affect it that much, but I could be wrong...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 18 of 18 Posts