BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
does anybody know whats the difference between „cold start delete“ and „SAP delete“ (Secondary Air Pump).

I thought SAP = cold start .... isn‘t it ?

·
Registered
288 Posts
There are scenarios where the SAP runs, I was trying to figure out all of them to determine whether to leave it on or turn it off.

Maybe others know better as I wasn’t having much luck with casual searches, but I think it:
  • runs at cold start to add air and assist with heating the cats
  • Maybe runs after a refuel to purge and combust tank vapors displaces by the refuel or if this is done purely by vacuum/charcoal canister as most other OBD2 setups
Not sure if there are any real drawbacks to turning it off.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
does anybody know whats the difference between „cold start delete“ and „SAP delete“ (Secondary Air Pump).

SAP is a cold start item, but the car does other things during cold starts too like running a different vanos map and enriching the fuel

·
Registered
111 Posts
runs at cold start to add air and assist with heating the cats
yes, plus decrease cold start emissions

Maybe runs after a refuel to purge and combust tank vapors displaces by the refuel or if this is done purely by vacuum/charcoal canister as most other OBD2 setups
no

Not sure if there are any real drawbacks to turning it off.
Not a big deal either way (coming from a guy that manufactures SAP sims for other BMWs) - some people just like to eliminate anything that has to do with emissions.

·
Registered
119 Posts

Cold start delete stops the SAP running amongst other things. The SAP delete allows the SAP hardware to be removed.

·
Registered
288 Posts
yes, plus decrease cold start emissions

no

Not a big deal either way (coming from a guy that manufactures SAP sims for other BMWs) - some people just like to eliminate anything that has to do with emissions.

Cool.

Found this basic description in the BMW S85 publication:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cold start delete stops the SAP running amongst other things. The SAP delete allows the SAP hardware to be removed.
SAP is a cold start item, but the car does other things during cold starts too like running a different vanos map and enriching the fuel
now it`s clear, thank`s

I summarize:

Cold start delete is essentially the noise reduction during cold start, so that neighbors do not know every time you leave the garage.
... and the function "SAP delete" enables the deinstallation of the SAP components so that no error memory entries or warning lamps are made.

let`s also talk about "Valet mode (3K Limit)" or "Overun Pops"
what does these functions do ?

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
another question

how would i have to flash the 22RPD-file to the MSS65 ?

would i only have to run "flash tune" ? or first RSA bypass and then "flash program" ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
nice !
is there anywhere a little bit more info about the 22RPD-file ?
Data, performance increase and so on

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have seem SAPs used to evacuate crankcases, anyone know if the SAP pump would be tolerant to oil vapors?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have just programmed the Vmax delete... everything went well, no DME-Crash as well

After the flash, there were many errors in various control units, all of which could be deleted without any problem.
The error memory of the active backrest width could only be deleted after the car fell asleep for a short time.

now only a test drive of >190mph is missing

great work !

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have seem SAPs used to evacuate crankcases, anyone know if the SAP pump would be tolerant to oil vapors?
Pushing them out - sure, pulling - probably not. SAP pumps are know to fail when the valve leaks and lets a small amount of exhaust gas into the pump.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Any of your that used this software, can you do a remeasurement of oil level? I seem not be able to remeasure despite my oil and coolant temp were at operating temperature.
In both CIC and the dashboard just show measurement not possible.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts