BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attention iPod owners, show me where you mounted them

In my E46 M3 I purchased the Pro-FIT mount that puts it directly to the right of the NAV screen. Great location for use, but perhaps the M5 has a better spot to put it.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Re: Attention iPod owners, show me where you mounted them

bought my mount through dension and it goes to the right of the ventilation controls.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts

I just put mine in a silicone rubber sleeve and stuffed it into the cavity next to the CD changer. Of course, you can't access the iPod to fiddle with the dial that way, but use it as sort of a super library.

·
Registered
91 Posts

Need4Spd said:
I ... stuffed it into the cavity next to the CD changer. You can't access the iPod to fiddle with the dial.
What technology do you use to interface your iPod to the BMW? Does it display ID3 tags on the TV screen, or do you just listen to your music "blind"?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Falb said:
bought my mount through dension and it goes to the right of the ventilation controls.
Does that location get in the way of passengers legs? Any pictures? Does it requiring any drilling to mount to the car?

·
Registered
5,353 Posts

What technology do you use to interface your iPod to the BMW? Does it display ID3 tags on the TV screen, or do you just listen to your music "blind"?
The older IceLink, not the IceLink Plus. It does not display any ID3 info. The IceLink Plus can display ID3 tag info, but it's very buggy. I have one in my other car and it spontaneously switches to radio in the middle of a song, seemingly at random. There is supposed to be a firmware fix for this, but I've got other problems with it, like not being able to access the UI (yes, I've tried everything).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts