BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to mount my front license plate on a car that never had one. I picked up a mounting kit from the deal which consists of various screws, including some self tapping screws and some that look like they are stainless and some that look like brass maybe.

Does anyone know how many of these i need to use to mount the plate holder? Is it just the two self tapping screws that hold the plate holder onto the front bumper?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent, thats what i thought.

Unfortunately i have to because in Ontario its illegal. I got stopped last year and got a warning, so i figured i don't want to push my luck. :p

·
Registered
877 Posts
the horror!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'm trying to mount my front license plate on a car that never had one. I picked up a mounting kit from the deal which consists of various screws, including some self tapping screws and some that look like they are stainless and some that look like brass maybe.

Does anyone know how many of these i need to use to mount the plate holder? Is it just the two self tapping screws that hold the plate holder onto the front bumper?
Just make sure that the tabs that wrap under the bumper fit into the slots before you screw the holder on...otherwise it will just flap around at speed. You really don't want to put any more holes in your bumper than you have to...I know...I spent close to $700 getting the holes plastic welded and repainted to get rid of that very holder!

Sorry you have to put one on, but if you have to...:sad1:

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
. I got stopped last year and got a warning, so i figured i don't want to push my luck. :p
LAST YEAR?!? and a warning?

How much is the fine?

I've known folks that have paid 5-6 citations rather that put that abomination on the front.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Is a "no front plate" citation count as a moving violation in California or is it just a 'fix it' ticket with the fine?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Is a "no front plate" citation count as a moving violation in California or is it just a 'fix it' ticket with the fine?
In Cali it's a fix-it ticket and a fine. Had the ticket twice in two weeks. Esp. in the West LA and LAX area.

Reactions: MPowrd

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
It is a non-moving violation. It is usually a fix it, but I think not necessarily.

Big in SoCal to let them track red light runners as well as homeland security vehicle monitoring around LAX

·
Registered
351 Posts
It is a non-moving violation. It is usually a fix it, but I think not necessarily.

Big in SoCal to let them track red light runners as well as homeland security vehicle monitoring around LAX
Yeah, but it's the freakin West LA moto cops that write the tickets at LAX. LAX is not in West LA...LOL!

·
Registered
50 Posts
yeah you prolly are goin to have to put holes in your bumper, although there are some stick on ones, but i dont know how well they hold. but i would prolly jus press my luck cause it looks alot better without, & there will be no holes in your bumper.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
You can use doubletape with soft padding. The type that wont ruin your paint.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Reactions: sikand and Spooky36
1 - 15 of 15 Posts