BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, just wanted to share these photos...A group of us (eight cars) got together this weekend on short notice to do a mountain blast...we had three E39 M5's in the group (ATLANTA M5, Pinoy M5, and Vason) it was the most fun I've ever had driving, we did the "Dragon's Tail" and other roads in the North Georgia/Tennessee area.

It was so much fun, and very interesting to see the capabilities of each car in action. :hihi:

The two silver Porsches were sick fast...and the supercharged Vette sounded soooo sweet with its pops on downshifts...all the cars were really fast and running great, and the M5 really continues to impress me how it can keep right up with some tough company.

This is the lineup...thanks for a great time everyone, always good times with our Atlanta group...I'll post some group shots too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Beautiful group of cars. lovelove Sounds like fun.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Yeah it was an awesome time! Definitely the best drive I've ever had in the M5. The Vette and Mustang where fast as hell...wow! The M5 really did impress me as well but I can only imagine how awesome it would have been driving one of those Porsches. That drive would have been great in an M3. I thought about that a few times while driving...thinking of the E46 M3 I had. Anyways, it was a great time! Post some more pics when you can.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Photos

And here's a few more and group shots...

Attachments

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
That is one cool site and as usual your car and John's shines the most (you know i am just being bias) love all those cars:cheers:

·
Registered
446 Posts
I really need to make it to some of the drives through the hill country in Cen Tex.

Nice pics!

·
Registered
116 Posts
wow those are some amazing pictures...beautiful line-up

I need a set of CHs......counting the seconds until spring/summer

·
Registered
139 Posts
thanks for the pics garrett. i was surprised how many people we were able to get at the last minute. we'll have to do this again sometime soon

·
Registered
53 Posts
Beautiful line-up, indeed! :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Love the ///M5 with the CH's!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Great pics! Car looks good as always. Looks like fun :cheers:

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Very nice. Very envious. Still winter here (albeit no snow, for the moment, where I live).

·
Registered
272 Posts
I live in gwinnet area off peachtree industrial. are you going up again anytime soo. i drove up past helen sunday at about noon. where is dragons tail

·
Registered
2,099 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Its rt 129 from Deals Gap, NC into Tennessee.http://www.tailofthedragon.com/. Here is a map: http://www.tailofthedragon.com/maps_dragon_road.html. There's not a straight worth more than 70mph, even in the M5.

Nice photos by the way.
The Tail of the Dragon isnt close to being the funnest part of the trip, I hit 140+ on the skyway, and we went for about 30 minutes up there without seeing another car of any kind. The skyway and some backroads are the best part of the trip. We just did the dragon for the people who hadnt been there before.

Here are my pics.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hill country Drives

Any one know of any group drives that would be through the Texas Hill Country. It looks like a blast.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts