BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My phone hust cycles between being connected and then not. Works if you delete everything and start from scratch but not if you just get in the car and try to connect..

Any ideas anyone? Motorola and BMW can't help! Bizzarely BMW UK says that although the V9 is listed on BMW.co.uk they say you have to use the list on BMW.com - "a bit irish" according to BMW GB!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7290/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Gus said:
My phone hust cycles between being connected and then not. Works if you delete everything and start from scratch but not if you just get in the car and try to connect..

Any ideas anyone? Motorola and BMW can't help! Bizzarely BMW UK says that although the V9 is listed on BMW.co.uk they say you have to use the list on BMW.com - "a bit irish" according to BMW GB!
I have a Motorolla V9. It took me about two hours to get it to permanently pair. It would just connect for about two seconds and then disconnect. Check the incoming security in the Bluetooth menu and set it to automatic. You might also check service discovery and make sure it is set to hands free device. It seems to be quite touchy. If you have trouble try deleting the whole profile in the phone and car and try again. I almost returned the phone when I first got it, but once I did get it to pair I have,jt had trouble since (and I got the phone in September).

Best regards,

Natdad

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have all the blueooth settings on the phone in auto - are you talking about settings in idrive?

Thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7290/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Gus said:
I have all the blueooth settings on the phone in auto - are you talking about settings in idrive?

Thanks!
I'm in the airport right now and I'm trying to recall from memory. You might also try the custom setting (on the phone incoming security). I think deleting the profile in the car and phone and starting over might help.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've deleted the profile in the car and the phone many times - problem remains.. There isn't an incoming security setting on the phone.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
113 Posts

When I highlight the car in the phone bluetooth menu, incoming security can be accessed through the options button. I think the problem lies with the phone as I have difficulty when I try to pair anything with the Motorolla phone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have experienced problems with pairing my iPhone too. If my phone is locked when my car starts it wont recognize my phone a for a while. The service cuts in and out sometimes as well. My blackberry 8300 never had one problem however, I think it comes down to the phone and the bluetooth signal.
Does anyone else have this problem, if so what type of mobile phone do you have?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts