BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't know if this has changed in the last couple of years, but the warranties CT offer on the batteries are only valid at the original store you purchased your battery from.
I was out of town and my 6 month old battery needed replacing, so I went in to that city's CT thinking I could simply get a replacement one...nope, ended up having to purchase another battery and driving with the busted battery around in the back of my car for 2 weeks until I got home. The manager at my local store finally agreed to give me a store credit (cool, thanks), so now I get my batteries from Battery Direct. They sell quality, no-name batteries with the same CCAs, reserve, etc etc at a fraction of the price and honour their warranty at any of their stores across canada. I think I paid around $110 a couple of years ago and havent had any problems since.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting. Thanks for the suggestion. I called Battery Direct and they were very helpful and friendly. They were able to look up my vehicle and tell me exactly which of their batteries would be a good match. I will be making a trip there soon!

·
Registered
10,734 Posts
The biggest problem replacing our batteries is the place for the vent. Our batteries have to vent thru a tube to the outside because the batteries our in our air space. It seems the only difference. Assuming you look at two batteries the same CCAs and size, how can that tube be worth $70??

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went with Battery Direct. Good guys there. Battery was $168 and was nearly a perfect fit. I few mm shorter if anything but no problems with install. I actually forgot to hook up the tube so I'll have to go back and do that.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I actually found out where BMW gets their batteries from so thats whats going in my car when my current one bites the dust. If anyone is interested in one, PM me i can pass on the details.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.