BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has the most powerful naturally aspirated e39 m5? I think that I might have currently the most powerful car documented by dyno. Excluding race cars and unverified rumors who has made over 450bhp at the crank?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes true..Sal's E39 M5 "Evolve M5" i remember it made 386WHP..not sure honestly but Sal can confirm this..but i'm sure it's the fastest N/A M5 in Europe :))

·
Registered
511 Posts
Who has the most powerful naturally aspirated e39 m5? I think that I might have currently the most powerful car documented by dyno. Excluding race cars and unverified rumors who has made over 450bhp at the crank?
But can you really calculate N500 to this? N500 is _not_ typical E39 M5, imo :)

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Nick,my friend,I see what you did there...:biggrin:

BTW,congrats on the power it puts down...:goldcup:

I think,you,Sal and me will all be very close regarding the output once mine is mapped and Sal's has the Schrick cams in...

Or maybe I throw the Vanos out and...hiha

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes true..Sal's E39 M5 "Evolve M5" i remember it made 386WHP..not sure honestly but Sal can confirm this..but i'm sure it's the fastest N/A M5 in Europe :))
'Was' the fastest..

Ok, I know some of you have heard already of the results from yesterday's mapping session - a healthy increase over the standard n500 tune to be sure. I don't think there are many people who know the maps on the e39 as well as Sal @ Evolve.

We spent a lot of time yesterday tracing a high rpm misfire so were not able to fully optimise the maps, there is more bhp in there still. Also we had unseasonably good weather to contend with and this raised ambient temperature and pressure, intake temps soared while the car sat still.

I am really very happy with the results from yesterday's tuning, it turned an already very quick car into something more potent! In fact there is so much more torque I need to re-learn how to drive it.

Props to Sal and his manifest skill in tuning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts