BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the chance to snap a few photo's and wanted to share. Next week finishes up the Mods with Dinan Stage 2 suspension, Dinan 3.91 Rear Differential, Dinan underdrive pulley and Dinan CF Front Strut Brace. I believe I've scratched the Mod bug enough for now. I can't wait for the new suspension it should lower it around 1/2 inch which is enough for me. Let me know what you guys think.

:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Awesome!

But the pictures tell half the tale. Please post a derailed write up on the before and after drive nd feel of the car.

Thanks

·
Registered
933 Posts
Great mods...but I think you should have lowered it and put wheels on it before that hood ever went on.

Aftermarket Hoods are very aggresive mods, which can look great. But from those pictures, you have a relatively stock looking car (stock wheels and no drop) are big mods that make a big difference in the aggresive department.

I see you have plans for the Dinan suspension, but what about any wheels?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Awesome!

But the pictures tell half the tale. Please post a derailed write up on the before and after drive nd feel of the car.

Thanks
After the charcoal filter delete, RPI Scoops, block off plates and BMC filters I couldn't believe the difference in the throttle response. I was amazed, my butt-seat meter was off the charts!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great mods...but I think you should have lowered it and put wheels on it before that hood ever went on.

Aftermarket Hoods are very aggresive mods, which can look great. But from those pictures, you have a relatively stock looking car (stock wheels and no drop) are big mods that make a big difference in the aggresive department.

I see you have plans for the Dinan suspension, but what about any wheels?

No plans as of yet, haven't found any that really catches my eye and says, hell yea those would look sick. Have only had the car four months so far so it still early!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Looks great!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Now this is a very nice BMW M6.- It is also the last of the last, with the large mirrors and new navigation. ANd yes, I think you got hit by the mod bug pretty hard :D

Just g all out and do a stroker on it ;)

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
good looking car!

hope to see it on future Skyline Runs!

btw, who prepped and installed your hood?

·
Registered
68 Posts
where in va are you located? very nice 6! time for wheels :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
good looking car!

hope to see it on future Skyline Runs!

btw, who prepped and installed your hood?

You better believe you'll see me, can't wait for the next one. Doing two days HPDE at VIR end of Feb, there still may be some spots available. I did the hood myself, was easier than I had anticipated. Guess I was used to the old style hoods that were really tough for adjusting.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
where in va are you located? very nice 6! time for wheels :)
I live in Williamsburg but I use Richmond BMW for all my work. Will be out there this Thursday late afternoon. Next mod will be exhaust.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I live in Williamsburg but I use Richmond BMW for all my work. Will be out there this Thursday late afternoon. Next mod will be exhaust.
Oh nice, yea they're a bunch of nice guys over there. M6 with exhuast yummy!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh nice, yea they're a bunch of nice guys over there. M6 with exhuast yummy!!!

New exhaust, check. Hello Tubi's -- Wow what sound!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 24 Posts