BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the chance to snap a few photo's and wanted to share. Next week finishes up the Mods with Dinan Stage 2 suspension, Dinan 3.91 Rear Differential, Dinan underdrive pulley and Dinan CF Front Strut Brace. I believe I've scratched the Mod bug enough for now. I can't wait for the new suspension it should lower it around 1/2 inch which is enough for me. Let me know what you guys think.

:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Awesome!

But the pictures tell half the tale. Please post a derailed write up on the before and after drive nd feel of the car.

Thanks

·
Registered
933 Posts
Great mods...but I think you should have lowered it and put wheels on it before that hood ever went on.

Aftermarket Hoods are very aggresive mods, which can look great. But from those pictures, you have a relatively stock looking car (stock wheels and no drop) are big mods that make a big difference in the aggresive department.

I see you have plans for the Dinan suspension, but what about any wheels?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Awesome!

But the pictures tell half the tale. Please post a derailed write up on the before and after drive nd feel of the car.

Thanks
After the charcoal filter delete, RPI Scoops, block off plates and BMC filters I couldn't believe the difference in the throttle response. I was amazed, my butt-seat meter was off the charts!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Great mods...but I think you should have lowered it and put wheels on it before that hood ever went on.

Aftermarket Hoods are very aggresive mods, which can look great. But from those pictures, you have a relatively stock looking car (stock wheels and no drop) are big mods that make a big difference in the aggresive department.

I see you have plans for the Dinan suspension, but what about any wheels?

No plans as of yet, haven't found any that really catches my eye and says, hell yea those would look sick. Have only had the car four months so far so it still early!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Looks great!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Now this is a very nice BMW M6.- It is also the last of the last, with the large mirrors and new navigation. ANd yes, I think you got hit by the mod bug pretty hard :D

Just g all out and do a stroker on it ;)

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Nice looking ///M .

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now this is a very nice BMW M6.- It is also the last of the last, with the large mirrors and new navigation. ANd yes, I think you got hit by the mod bug pretty hard :D

Just g all out and do a stroker on it ;)
Thanks Gustav, after watching and listening to DAFASTs video I guess there is a new exhaust in my future! Silly me, here I thought I was done with my mods!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
279 Posts
I like the OEM rims more than 95% of the aftermarket wheels I have seen. I've been looking for a while for an aftermarket set, but haven't found one that I like enough to justify the cost. On my other cars, I average 2 sets of aftermarket wheels prior to changing to a new car... but BMW did quite well on making the stock M6 wheels.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I like the OEM rims more than 95% of the aftermarket wheels I have seen. I've been looking for a while for an aftermarket set, but haven't found one that I like enough to justify the cost. On my other cars, I average 2 sets of aftermarket wheels prior to changing to a new car... but BMW did quite well on making the stock M6 wheels.
Totally agree, with a Carbon Black car I don't want to go all chrome, don't car for that look. I was thinking possibly powder coating the OEMs but am not sure. BTW do you have your beast parked for the winter or do you drive it in the snow?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Occasionally drive in the snow, but I primarily park it. That was the other incentive... I could put Snow Tires on my OEMs and have a summer set of wheels/tires which is what I do on my autoX car.

I've thought about powdercoating the Rims, but the "murdered out" look of all black needs just a few hints of color / chrome to break up the lines. I had a set of chrome lip / black spoke wheels on a silver car... and though I liked the look, I think the wheel brand and design were sub-par.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts