BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Most memorable race

756 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Bob Uenaka 
#1 ·
just out of interest, I was wondering what your guys most enjoyable car races were? I guess no need for where you raced, but how about what you raced, how long, top speed, any steamy detail. win or lose, dont need to specify. M5 or not, no matter either.

I'll start:

Mine must of been this M3 i raced in my 993. It was semi-light traffic, and we could easily weave back and forth. the M3 driver was a friend of mine. It was the most memorable because we raced consistently for about 20 miles, topping about 120-130. Who won, well doesn't really matter. But it was so much fun, i smiled for the next week
straight!

fas

See less See more
#2 ·
I still can't get anyone to bite with the M5, but about 4 years ago I had some fun in my A4 2.8 Quattro against two Z3s. I was going south on I-275 in Tampa when both of them (I assume it was a husband and wife duo with matching Z3s..) shot on the on ramp. There were no exits until after the 5-lane bridge to St. Petersburg. Well, they were both in a playful mood, and the traffic was light so we took it up. They never passed me the whole time, but there was one point where there was absolutely no traffic and I took it to 130, and they started creeping up on me. It was a lot of fun, but I wouldn't do it again on that bridge. The traffic is never safe enough.

#3 ·
David L can chime in on this one if he wants.

We were returning from Thunderhill after a driving school, he driving his black E34 and me in my white one. We were, of course, speeding and we picked up this blue Mustang in Vacaville or near there somewhere.

All three of us weaved through traffic and played for about 60-80 miles. Sometimes matching speeds though 4 lanes apart. It was really just seeing who would get boxed in. Then you would watch the guy play catch up in your mirror. After David got off at 580, I continued playing with the guy all the way down 680 to the Mission Blvd. exit. I pulled up next to him at a light and he gave me the thumbs up and smiled. He was in the car with a wife/girlfriend and his dog in the back.

I have had very few opportunities for door to door racing since I got my car. I think it is the wrong color.

#5 ·
I have had only a few speed runs with others. As Kevin says, white is not the best color to attract challenges(good and bad).
The funnest time was The Wine Country Drive #1. All participants can attest. The best line of the day was when we pulled into Burger Ranch. One of the drivers' girlfriend/wife? was along for the ride. When we sat for lunch she said,"I need a drink!" I asked if it was to calm her nerves, she just laughed.

Another fun run was on Hwy 50 in Sacto. I was going west, getting around some slow traffic when a bug-eyed Mitsu came along side. I thought, "Forget this.", and dropped to third to launch into the fast lane. Well, the Mitsu was gone but Mr. Corvette(C4), saw the quick movement and came up for some fun. When there was clear road, and four lanes for us to use, we jumped from 75 to 140 mph. We were half-wheeling each other the whole way. As I was shifting to fifth gear at redline and saw 140ish, I thought that was fast enough. We both slowed, gave thumbs up, and flashed brights as he took an exit up the road. Good clean fun.

Alberto
'91 Dinan M5
Porsche Brakes
18" M-Parallels

#6 ·
Hi Albert,
I fairly sure I met you at the Sears Point BMWCCA track event on 11/4-5. I had the light blue 2000 M5 that we got a nice ride in with the instructor. Remember that late pass on the red M3 coming into 11? Please private me at Uenaka@CupertinoFlorist.com
Thanks!
Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.