1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
$89K! What's he smokin'? And where can I get some?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
....that's a discovery auto build?
Looks like it... Their was one for sale a while back for $200k (Dinan S3 with 750hp...) LOL

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Sooo it is worth what $37k without the engine (at FULL build price??) ... Hot rodding a car is definitely not a good return on investment...Worth high twenty something perhaps?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well, give the guy credit for keeping the car a tasteful sleeper. Most guys who do these sort of cars usually end up with endless over hideous body modifications, giant hideous ACS or whatever splitters cracked from being slammed to the ground, etc. He's got the ugly hood, but I'm sure it was necessary for cooling purposes. The steering wheel cover is hilarious, but who knows...maybe he was working on the car and just threw it on there to prevent it from getting it dirty.

This car is worth something more than the 20k-range stated if he waits around for someone who wants a heavily modded M5. Spending 35k on this car would save you $25,000+ if you wanted a similar set up. That being said, I would never ever want this car.

·
Registered
115 Posts
6 lines is just about right for describing and $89k car. The description tells me just about everything that I'd want to know clicking "Buy it Now".

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
The car is an absolutely beautiful D/A build. That being said, it's certainly not worth more than Mamsteria's Blue Beast, which sold for $40k if I recall correctly. If indeed the motor has only 4k on it and it puts 600 hp to the wheels at 8 psi, it's one Hell of a performer and clearly worth something in the $30-35k range.

--Peter

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Engine bay shots show Alpine White chassis. The ad doesn't say respray to LMB. Could he have "mixed-up" pictures from two different Beasts?

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
I'm guessing protective paper. The photos may have been taken at D/A, and Bill is fanatical about ensuring no scratches to paint while in his shop.

Agree the price is way unrealistic. If the car could be purchased for a reasonable price, one of the values in the car is the potential for up-tuning. The generic set up Bill ran for these builds is very conservative. The engine is ridiculously strong and capable of much more power with proper fueling, boost, and tune.

Dave

Reactions: herrubermensch

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Is it ironic that its blue?

·
Registered
181 Posts
All that speed with just Zimmerman crossed drilled rotors? Looks like a great DA build with a different hood. Nothing else done?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Looks like an interesting car. Maybe the price is in Yen? Pesos? He didn't try too hard to write a description of the car.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts