BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 M5 with Mk3 sat nav and wide screen monitor. I have upgraded to Mk4, now all I have is a black screen on the monitor.

Any ideas whats up. Thanks

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Either the Nav is faulty or coded for the Business Nav system.

Return the Nav or get a copy of NavCoder and a resler interface and see what the coding is.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would you do this for me if I send the nav over to you. Nobody over here would know what to do, me included.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have pluged in my old fried Mk3 and no longer have the blue screen which I did have. The screen is black but the back light seems to be on.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Do you have the TV module or Traffic Master system?

I can re-code the Nav for you if you want, but are you sure there is no one a little closer the Nav is quite heavy and expensive to ship around if you don't need to.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I have both Traffic Master and TV. When I press the TM button a Map comes up on the screen.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Might be worth bypassing the TM and TV in turn, they just daisy chain, so start by connecting the Nav directly to the blue plug that ges into the TM box.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Basicall disconnect the blue plugs into each unit, connect the units into the blue plug on the car harness (the one that goes into the flying lead on the TM unit), Nav first, then TV.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tried this with the old Mk3 unit which I know had a blue screen but still nothing. What does this mean now.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Probably that the Mk III was faulty and the MK IV is incorrectly coded.

However, try this. Disconnect the Nav computer completly. Turn the ignition on for a little over 1 minutes, then turn it off, wait 1 minute and turn it on again. Do you see anything on the monitor? The TV module should kick in to provide a basic UI to control the radio, OBC etc.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Done this Richard and I now have the basic blue screen that I used to have with the Fried Mk3. What should I do now? Get the Mk4 properly coded.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would you pm me your contact number Richard. I would like to speak to you about programming this nav.

Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts