BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know three M5 E39 owners who has ordered Kelleners new motorkit.This tuning gives additional 45 horse power at 6770 rpm and total 545Nm in torque at 3550 rpm. The tuning consists of e.g. new camshafts and modification of electronics. I have got the prints from the dynotester before and after the modification. The car runs very smoothly on idle and has full power all the way to
the end. The three owners will make the modification in July. Kelleners need three days for the conversion per car. If you need more details contact mr Volker Stark at Kelleners.

------------------

·
Registered
587 Posts
Klas,

Thanks for the post- please keep us updated. Any idea on the price of the "powerkit"? Also, does it include mods to the intake and a replacement cat-back exhaust?

Unfortunately, we on the State-side don't reside any where near Kelleners to allow us to take advantage of having these mods installed by the manufacturer. Besides wheels, Kelleners is not popular in the US. I spoke to the US distributor (DAZZ Motorsport) and they had very little info- the exhaust is not available yet here- I really love their M5 exhaust! I also sent an e-mail to Kelleners a few weeks ago and have yet to hear anything. In any case, if I can get distrbution of the powerkit here in the US, would anyone be interested in purchasing it? My company (EvoSport.com) is working on putting together a complete upgrade package for the M5, including official installation centers for your convenience.

------------------
Happy ///Motoring!

Mister Vanos
www.MHaven.com

·
Registered
405 Posts
To date, Dinan (in the US) has not indicated an upgrade exhaust but has anyone heard if they are planning to do so? I've had the chip "upgrade" done at Dinan in Mt. View, CA, and saw an M5 that they're upgrading to 550 - 600 bhp for a customer but I don't know if the exhaust is part of the package??

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
We're picking up our M5 in Munich via Euro Delivery very shortly, and I'm planning a trip to Kelleners along the way.

So...if they're interested, they'll at least have one US-spec M5 to look at...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by JEM:
We're picking up our M5 in Munich via Euro Delivery very shortly, and I'm planning a trip to Kelleners along the way.

So...if they're interested, they'll at least have one US-spec M5 to look at...

Hi Jem,

when visiting Kelleners you should at least put their exhaust on your car-you will not be dissapointed. When you call them ask for mr Stark or Mr Gonska and refer to me, Klas.

Good luck picking your car up. Send me an email after your visit to Kelleners.

klas

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Klas,
do this owners come from sweden or germany?
It will be great if you can give updated news after the tuning. After phone call last week (Kelleners is ca. 300km far away from me)they told me that the next free term will be end of July/beg.Aug. The list price for modification was not clear but it will be around DM13000,-- incl. german tax and with exhaust. But I have the exhaust since 4 month. So the price will be much lower. I think it´s a good price and hope the result will also be ok.
Have the owners also ordered the exhaust?
I love this sound. It´s fantastic. The boys from Kelleners told me they will bring a "soundcheck" on their Homepage in between the next 3-4 weeks. Then you can convince yourselfs.

Tony

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by tony:
Hi Klas,
do this owners come from sweden or germany?
It will be great if you can give updated news after the tuning. After phone call last week (Kelleners is ca. 300km far away from me)they told me that the next free term will be end of July/beg.Aug. The list price for modification was not clear but it will be around DM13000,-- incl. german tax and with exhaust. But I have the exhaust since 4 month. So the price will be much lower. I think it´s a good price and hope the result will also be ok.
Have the owners also ordered the exhaust?
I love this sound. It´s fantastic. The boys from Kelleners told me they will bring a "soundcheck" on their Homepage in between the next 3-4 weeks. Then you can convince yourselfs.

Tony
Hi Tony,

We all come from Sweden.We have all what kelleners can offer Exhaust, suspension,antirollbars, speedmodul plus 20" Hartge wheels. First car will be picked up July 10th in the morning after the conversion. You could come if you have time.
You can see our cars on this homepage "trip to Germany".

klas

·
Registered
257 Posts
JEM,

Be careful on the Euro delivery. BMW will put your car through the US EPA/DOT tests after you return it for shipment to the states. They may have a problem sending the car with any aftermarket parts, whether it passes the tests or not. I did a Porsche Euro delivery, and was warned about this. And I can guarantee they check, as some leaded fuel got into the car, and I had to pay for the overhaul. Dan

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I don't intend to have them modify the car when I'm there. I want the car in OEM condition when it comes back to the US - for warranty reasons, if nothing else.

But I do want to know what they have to offer for future reference.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Klas,
thanks for your offer.
I´ll let you know if i have time to visit Kelleners on the 10th of July. It is possible that I visit Moscow in the 2nd or 3rd week.
One question about the Hartge-wheels: Have you no problems with the handling because of the big, flat tyres? What is the feeling with this big wheels?

On this place: big compliment to the writer of the "trip to germany" story. Today I print it out and read the full story sitting in the shadow in the garden.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there, Hi Klas,
did you hear about the good news from Kelleners? They revise their homepage and plan to install a "soundcheck M5".
This is a good idea and all the guys speaking about SuperSprint, Hamann... will listen to this great sound and their ears get big and bigger.
Hi JEM, when do you pick up your new car? Is it the first M5?
Tony

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi there, Hi Klas,
did you hear about the good news from Kelleners? They revise their homepage and plan to install a "soundcheck M5".
This is a good idea and all the guys speaking about SuperSprint, Hamann... will listen to this great sound and their ears get big and bigger.
Hi JEM, when do you pick up your new car? Is it the first M5?
Tony
It's the second time i visiting http://www.kelleners-sport.com/ and nothing about SOUNDCHECK M5......is it the good adress ?

Best regards

·
Registered
91 Posts
New offer about KELLENERS
aer Mr. Francin,

the AMG Mercedes is make for racing purposes,so the exhaust system has no TÜV.You can also order a"super sound" exhaust
for the M5 without TÜV or a normal "sound "exhaust with TÜV.If you would like to have further independent informations about
our exhaust please have a look at www.bmwm5.com The price for the exhaust is DM 2790.- The installation is very easy.Every BMW dealer can install the exhaust.

Best Regards

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Jean-Christophe,

i said: they plan to install a "soundcheck".
At our last conversation Volker from Kelleners told me it takes 2-3 weeks to install the soundcheck on their homepage.
I also get a little bit nervous to wait for it. But believe me: waiting compensate.
Tony

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Klas,
thanks for your offer.
I´ll let you know if i have time to visit Kelleners on the 10th of July. It is possible that I visit Moscow in the 2nd or 3rd week.
One question about the Hartge-wheels: Have you no problems with the handling because of the big, flat tyres? What is the feeling with this big wheels?

On this place: big compliment to the writer of the "trip to germany" story. Today I print it out and read the full story sitting in the shadow in the garden.
Hi Tony,

The car handles nice with the 20" wheels. You loose some comfort but the car reacts quicker when turning. If the road is very worn with "ditches" (the area on the road where the wheels most often runs) the car could sometimes "follow" those ditches. In Germany you have good roads so that is no problem. I don´t regret I bought them -that´s for sure!

klas

·
Registered
417 Posts
Klas,
What is the width of your 20" wheels. Also what are the dimensions of your tires?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
20" wheels are not for crumbling American roads.

If the average California freeway were transplanted to Germany, they'd immediately close it as a hazard.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Oh, in answer to Tony below: in two weeks.

Yes, my first M5, but we've also got an E39 540i.

I figure it's going to leave the Niederlassung as a 525d, and I'll bring some 520d badges home for the other one.

From there it's west to the Black Forest, across the French border and north, eventually a stop by Kelleners and back to Frankfurt.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by RaMsEs:
Klas,
What is the width of your 20" wheels. Also what are the dimensions of your tires?
Hi RaMsEs,

In front 9" x 20" offset 18 with 245/35 Pirelli PZero. Rear, 10" x 20" offset 28 with 275/30 Pirelli PZero.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Klas and the other 20"-wheel-driver.

I have to think it over to fit 20"-wheels but I haven´t seen a design that pleases me.
Does anybody know a manufacturer/tuner then Hartge who has 20"-wheels in his program?
Thanks for information.
Tony

1 - 20 of 21 Posts