BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have received a number of requests from board members (mcw331, marcj, etc.) to post more pictures of my DVD system so here they are....

The rear seat area showing the cordless headphones in seat pockets (now removed):

Ceiling sensor for cordless headphones:

Omnio 5.8 inch monitors in the rear:

Omnio 6-DVD changer mounted in the boot (trunk):

The remote sensor for the front passengers is to the left of the ashtray:

DVD playback on the central I-drive screen:

Remote controls for DVD system (point at any screen) & I-drive inputs:

Games console/camcorder a/v inputs inside rear armrest:

The whole aftermarket system was supplied & installed by my dealer at a cost of 3,900 Euros.

Every screen works independently and the sound can be routed via the car stereo (using "audio aux") or headphones.

My two little boys are very happy with the end result :)

·
Registered
703 Posts
this is a very nice set-up Ashok, congrats!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
That is a cool system. Thanks for the pictures. I will visit Omnio's web site for more info.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Thanks Ashok for posting the pics. I'm trying to get my system lined out bfore the car arrives (?Jan).

·
Registered
593 Posts
Almost the exact same setup I have in my car.
Same headrest screens and DVD player. I have the BMW56 unit to be able to watch upfront as well and I have a digital TV unit (bisides the standard digital BMW TV tuner) installed. This tuner has a card slot so I can watch just about every channel. The only thing I lack is the ability to switch different sources per screen, but since my child is so small yet, she won't handle headphones and it didn't make sense to go all the way. It can still be done though. Besides the BMW IPod interface I also installed an IPod AV cable and connected it to AV2 on the digital tv unit which makes it possible to watch ipod video. Only problem is now that I have so many ways to watch media that sometimes it is hard to choose. I guess a good car PC could have done this all in just one unit. Maybe next time...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Very good indeed! Congrats.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Great but I couldn't use the headrests I already have with the all leather package...with the headguards or wht ever u call it.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Ashok, W0W, lots of $$$$$$$$ Ha ???? For the Kids???? It's good, keeps them from saying "Are We There Yet ??"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts