BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member that just picked up my second M5. I previously owned a 2000 Avus blue on sport. I then bought a 2001 996TT. After 2 years away from BMWS I switched back to a garage queen 2002 M5 a few weeks ago, and I couldnt be happier.
I would like to upgrade the exhaust, but Im not sure which way to go. I put Hamaan cans on my 00, and they were a little too tame. I put B&B on the 996 and it was a little too aggressive. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
You will get about as many suggestions as there are brands available for the M5. Try doing a search on this board, as this has been discussed a lot, and you will probably even find sound clips. B&Bs are really loud on M5s, too. I love my Tubi exhaust's sound. Exotic wail, like a Ferrari. But they cost a lot (you get do get replacement resonators and the rear cans, though) and not everyone likes the double walled tips. Supersprints and Dinans seem to be in-between.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Tubi is the most refined M5 exhaust I've heard - great tone, but not loud. Dinan makes the more power, if that matters, and isn't too loud.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Dinan makes the more power, if that matters, and isn't too loud.
No way- Eisenmann's easily make 0.5-0.75 more hp than Dinan.:)
I think most will agree that you shouldn't get aftermarket exhaust for the hp. More sound and appearance than anything else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts