BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The beast has been on vacation in FL. There was a full moon and clear sky last night. Took some impromptu long-exposures.

For the 1000mi trip down, she behaved flawlessly, and offered 22-23mpg.

Her reward was 4 coats of Zaino and Lexol leather treatment.

We're leaving the 70's (deg F) for the 20's back home tomorrow, with a stop in Raleigh.

" "

Attachments

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Nice shots, Frank!

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
F-L-O-R-I-D-A !! Nice shots and have a nice trip back. I made a recent trip to Miami and the beast behaved spectacularly!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Nice I enjoyed the full moon last night on may way to work. Its just been so nice the last few days it hard to believe it January.....but then again it is Florida. Nice shots, do you take pictures for a living?

·
Super Moderator
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I am no pro, but I take a lot of pictures. Some are bound to be decent.

I've mostly been in Orlando as well. Rainy start to the drive today.

·
Registered
195 Posts
awesome pics man

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Very cool pictures, nice SG M5!

·
Super Moderator
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You shoulda PM'ed.....we coulda had a beer! :cheers:
Whoops. Would liked to have seen that boisterous same-colored cousin you've got :lightbulb:. But how is one supposed to know when you list two cities:1: ?!
For future reference, I have friends/family on both sides of town: Windermere and Avalon Park. Next time...

Trip notes:
1. GA - Bad: motorcycle and laser enforcement. Good: not in the state very long.
2. SC - Bad: speed camera trucks. Good: cheap gas.
3. Passed 3 separate cars pulled over changing flats.
4. Tried one serving of Techron Concentrate while filling-up for the start of the trip. Through 2 tanks, it's hard to distinguish the "power" effect, if any, from the beast simply getting access to colder air along the way. Subtle smoothing of throttle response -- perhaps.
5. Pulled into a Chick Fil A around Savannah at the same time as this shiny red GTR. Chatted with the guy briefly. He's a new owner and was headed the other way to Sebring to learn how to drive it.

Raleigh post-drive inspection findings:
One of those 6 grommets at the front of the valve covers needs tightening/replacement. It looks wet.

·
Premium Member
13,589 Posts
Whoops. Would liked to have seen that boisterous same-colored cousin you've got :lightbulb:. But how is one supposed to know when you list two cities:1: ?!
For future reference, I have friends/family on both sides of town: Windermere and Avalon Park. Next time...

Trip notes:
1. GA - Bad: motorcycle and laser enforcement. Good: not in the state very long.
2. SC - Bad: speed camera trucks. Good: cheap gas.
3. Passed 3 separate cars pulled over changing flats.
4. Tried one serving of Techron Concentrate while filling-up for the start of the trip. Through 2 tanks, it's hard to distinguish the "power" effect, if any, from the beast simply getting access to colder air along the way. Subtle smoothing of throttle response -- perhaps.
5. Pulled into a Chick Fil A around Savannah at the same time as this shiny red GTR. Chatted with the guy briefly. He's a new owner and was headed the other way to Sebring to learn how to drive it.

Raleigh post-drive inspection findings:
One of those 6 grommets at the front of the valve covers needs tightening/replacement. It looks wet.

I should really fix that already. I dont go to CG all that often anymore.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts