BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw somewhere on the board of a beautiful black M5 picture with a super sunset in the background. So I wanted to show off one of our California "Sunsets" and "Moonsets" of a 2010 Silverstone M6. Both pics from Ventura CA. Color of the car, for what ever reason looks different between the two pics, maybe because the moonset was done with a long exposure at night. Camera was a Canon D5 with a 70-200mm lens.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Nice shots! Good background with an even nicer foreground! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice! :biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Great shots man , i love it .

·
Registered
933 Posts
sweet pics..love the sunset!

Are you planning on lowering the car?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Wheels are Maya 20 inch. And Maya has gone out of business. You can see more pics of my 2007 and 2010 M6 with these wheels in my profile.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Its pretty simple, you have 4 options

RD Sport Springs - Most aggresive drop
H&R Sport Springs - Medium aggresive drop
Eibach Springs - Least aggresive drop

OR

If your willing to drop $2500, go with KW V3 (full coilovers)

·
Registered
149 Posts
nice pics... looks like you painted the pictures, surreal.
channel islands/oxnard area near you is a lovely area...no pollution like LA county either.

·
Registered
304 Posts
amazing shots, just wondering is it the new D5 MKII?? coz i heard that in those you dont really need a tripod to take a decent shot when light is low. and what is aperture on ur lense?? as fas as i know its hard to get good aperture on those telephoto lenses.

btw the roof in the first pic looks pretty wet, is humidity quite bad where u live??

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
amazing shots, just wondering is it the new D5 MKII?? coz i heard that in those you dont really need a tripod to take a decent shot when light is low. and what is aperture on ur lense?? as fas as i know its hard to get good aperture on those telephoto lenses.

btw the roof in the first pic looks pretty wet, is humidity quite bad where u live??
The Canon is the EOS 5D and the lens is the EF 70-200mm 2.8 L IS USM, the high dollar lens. The moon shot was a 3 second exposure with ISO of 100 and F/7. The Sunset was ISO 800 with F/4.6 and 1/250 exposure time. I did not notice the moisture on the roof, but I was there for almost an hour to make sure I got the perfect shot. That may explain the moisture and we do not have the high humidity in my home town as it is always pleasant especially along the coast line. Also I did not notice the "Oil Rig" in the forground of the sun until I posted this online. Thanks for the interest as I love taking pictures and will soon post more in my portfolio.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The Canon is the EOS 5D and the lens is the EF 70-200mm 2.8 L IS USM, the high dollar lens. The moon shot was a 3 second exposure with ISO of 100 and F/7. The Sunset was ISO 800 with F/4.6 and 1/250 exposure time. I did not notice the moisture on the roof, but I was there for almost an hour to make sure I got the perfect shot. That may explain the moisture and we do not have the high humidity in my home town as it is always pleasant especially along the coast line. Also I did not notice the "Oil Rig" in the forground of the sun until I posted this online. Thanks for the interest as I love taking pictures and will soon post more in my portfolio.

thanx for sharing the setting, sure will help me in the future

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TThe first picture is lovely!
Gustav
When you were here in the USA and you drove the coast to Santa Barbara, you went right past where that first picture was taken. We often has sunsets like that. And last week just lowered the M6 with KW V-3 Coilovers so I will have to take more pictures soon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts