BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member in the UK with a 2002 M5 and am looking to modify it. I have been looking at 3 companies and was wondering if anyone had any good or bad experiences with these companies. I would also like to hear from people with Mods and what they think of them. I have been looking at exhaust and cat change and ECU re-map with new suspension and better front brakes. The companies I have been looking at are Birds, CA Automotive and CKS...thanks Paul

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have no personal experience with CA, but have heard very good things about them. They are also sponsors of the board.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Welcome aboard :byee55amg

Don't know anything about CKS but Birds and CA Automotive are both good as is Thorney Motorsport up in Milton Keynes.

I would suggest you do the brakes and the exhaust first.

Good brakes for the M5 include AP, Brembo and Stoptech. Don't forget to upgrade the fluid and hoses at the same time.

Exhausts are a very subjective matter with loudness and looks the main variables. There are lots of good ones out there (and some rubbish) so feel free to ask some more. Don't forget the 'search' feature as these topics have been covered ad nauseum.

Hope to see you at one of our meets.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Can't go wrong with CA Automotive. On my second e39 that i am getting bits for from them! Got an Eisenmann Race exhaust with x-pipe and Stoptech BBK from them to name a few little things i have done to my beast!

give Roy or Giv a call, they are both great blokes and extremely helpful!

cheers and good luck

Reactions: paul Sheridan

·
Registered
385 Posts
+1

finally got my car into CA yesterday for a number of extra goodies. its been a pleasure dealing with them. ill post a little write up when i get the car back.

have had a few dealings with Birds and they are also a top notch company.

good luck with the mods.

Reactions: paul Sheridan
1 - 5 of 5 Posts