BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this has been covered,but by adding the cold air intake and a tubi how much can one expect to get horsepower wise. it is a 2 part question intake/tubi.? i've heard 1 could gain as much as 25hp or as little as 7.:M5launch: :cool: :M5launch:

·
Registered
330 Posts
DINAN says around 5hp, there is debate as to whether you will notice.

Tubi is about 7HP gain i have heard.

I think if you are planning to do these mods these are the best products avaiable concerning these mods at this moment.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
gilmores m5 said:
i know this has been covered,but by adding the cold air intake and a tubi how much can one expect to get horsepower wise. it is a 2 part question intake/tubi.? i've heard 1 could gain as much as 25hp or as little as 7.:M5launch: :cool: :M5launch:
Tubi claims 6. But you can squeeze a little more with the Powerchip tuned for a Tubi.

The AA CAI claims high Power, but thats at High speed.
The faster you go, the more the RAM air effect.

A little hard to prove since you can't get that build up of air on the Dyno, however still worth the coin as Eye candy as well it opens up the brake ducts.

I think realisticly you would get 25 HP with AA CAI, Tubi and a Powerchip. cherrsagai But it would feel like 40 HP. :M5launch:

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
dmc said:
It's also about the enjoyment you get from a car that sounds SOOOO much better. But i would be happy with 5-10bhp from my impending Gruppe M/Tubi/Superchip.

Cheers
David
Oohh Yeah, I forgot the sound. :7: Thats worth at least another 20 HP. hiha J/K. But when people hear the sound, they hear the Power.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Lets see mods=hp? Well maybe. Some mods=better looks other mods=voided warranties, while other mods=better sound.

I think the combination of Tubi + AA CAI + Powerchip S/W = better drivability and perhaps 15HP at the engine over stock. I have 367HP at the rear wheels with these mods which translats roughly into 425HP at the engine. You are talking a little money here and some may consider it a high price for the small increase in HP. Everything cannot be measured in purely increase in HP alone though.

You will never measure an increase with CAI on the dyno. That being said, I can break the rear wheels loose in 3rd with these mods and I could not before. Oh, don't forget the better exhaust note. The Tubi is just plain sweet. By that I mean, it is the closest sound you are going to get to a Ferrari or Lamborgini without the real deal. You may not be looking for that sound, so there are other exhausts that may suit your ears. Don't forget the x-pipe design if your exhaust does not incorporate it.

Go see Daniel at Beastpower, web site sponser. He has all these goodies at great prices.

Hope this helps,

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts