BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry - not willing to go down that much at this point. Might in the future, but there are several people interested for now and I want to wait and see how it pans out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RedRum5: Sorry don't have enough posts to PM. I know where you are coming from, but the funny thing is I have tried 3 different modules off different vendors and this was the only one that worked. The first time, I offered a seller from Asia on ebay like 200 $ and he shipped it to me, and I almost blew off my iDrive. If you lookup the forum posts under my screenname, you will very well find that thread in which I was pleading for help when it happened. The second time around, the kit won't just work in reverse mode. Nevertheless, I checked the navvideo link you sent me and irrespective of whether you buy this from me or anyone else, don't buy the one from navvideo. It's not a complete plug and play and will require you to tap into wires behind your CCC/MASK.

Regarding the reverse cameras, I agree that the hardware is probably just 20-30$. The good thing (and really what matters) for me is that the modmynav rear camera is mounted on the trunk handle like the OEM one. That makes it the right angle. I tried other cameras and they either needed to be drilled into the bumper or be mounted on the license plate, facing backward and not down.

Xeno: I assure you the connectors are all new. This is how the cables really look. http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/m5-e60-group-buy-forum-sponsor-discussion-offerings/148768-modmynav-com-plug-play-multimedia-interface-oem-style-back-up-camera-kit-7.html#post1734259 I can post some other pics in the day tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
RedRum5: Sorry don't have enough posts to PM. I know where you are coming from, but the funny thing is I have tried 3 different modules off different vendors and this was the only one that worked. The first time, I offered a seller from Asia on ebay like 200 $ and he shipped it to me, and I almost blew off my iDrive. If you lookup the forum posts under my screenname, you will very well find that thread in which I was pleading for help when it happened. The second time around, the kit won't just work in reverse mode. Nevertheless, I checked the navvideo link you sent me and irrespective of whether you buy this from me or anyone else, don't buy the one from navvideo. It's not a complete plug and play and will require you to tap into wires behind your CCC/MASK.

Regarding the reverse cameras, I agree that the hardware is probably just 20-30$. The good thing (and really what matters) for me is that the modmynav rear camera is mounted on the trunk handle like the OEM one. That makes it the right angle. I tried other cameras and they either needed to be drilled into the bumper or be mounted on the license plate, facing backward and not down.

Xeno: I assure you the connectors are all new. This is how the cables really look. http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/m5-e60-group-buy-forum-sponsor-discussion-offerings/148768-modmynav-com-plug-play-multimedia-interface-oem-style-back-up-camera-kit-7.html#post1734259 I can post some other pics in the day tomorrow.
I just read the whole string plus the DIY on the video module. I wasn't aware of all the pain you've already been through with alternate manufacturers. As I said in my PM, I already have the module and its NOT a Nav-tv module. It's actually just like the Modmynav module, but I don't think it has the plug and play harness. It's not a problem since my installer already gave me the thumbs up on the install for Thusday after looking over the unit.

As far as the reverse camera, I have one already that's the OEM type. It mounts where one of the license plate lights are though instead of taking up space in the trunk handle. The height should be exactly the same as the Modmynav camera location. Anyway, GLWS!!!

DSC03376.jpg

·
Registered
165 Posts
still for sale?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes it is. Please send me an email at sahil at sahiljain dot com to follow up. Can't PM because of insufficient posts.

·
Registered
559 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts