BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Troy for giving me this idea until I'm ready to get an RPI section 3. Deleted the stock resonators and replaced with straight pipes and removed all of the packing from the stock mufflers. As you see the packing looks like hair lol. No drone what's so ever, cars sounds stock inside the cabin but outside is a different story. I like it and it will due until I can get my section 3 then full exhaust system. Not bad for $300. Sorry guys no dyno numbers, did it mainly for sound.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sounds pretty good. I did something similar with my previous M3 and ran with it for about 2 years. I'm surprised you're not experiencing any drone with the removal of the resonators.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no drone bc mufflers are still in place

Sounds pretty good. I did something similar with my previous M3 and ran with it for about 2 years. I'm surprised you're not experiencing any drone with the removal of the resonators.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Did you put wrapping around that perforated pipe inside the muffler? if not, air will be bouncing around everywhere right?

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i didnt have the pipe wrapped. troy didnt advise me to had that pipe wrapped. do u have any videos of how urs sound?

Did you put wrapping around that perforated pipe inside the muffler? if not, air will be bouncing around everywhere right?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I was slated to have mine done in the next couple weeks. Got those pics from a guy on FB who does this from his truck. After going to the track a few weeks back, I opted to have the mufflers cut off since that will save me nearly 80 pounds. Thats almost a tenth in the 1/4. LOL So now I am just shopping around for the perfect tips. As far as sound, if you cover that pipe, it will sound identical to having the mufflers deleted.

Reactions: damen

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks to Troy for giving me this idea until I'm ready to get an RPI section 3. Deleted the stock resonators and replaced with straight pipes and removed all of the packing from the stock mufflers. As you see the packing looks like hair lol. No drone what's so ever, cars sounds stock inside the cabin but outside is a different story. I like it and it will due until I can get my section 3 then full exhaust system. Not bad for $300. Sorry guys no dyno numbers, did it mainly for sound.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
What up Damen it's Q met you last weekend on 4. She sounding good not too loud... yet.

sounds great! Where in MD You guys from?

Reactions: damen

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What up Damen it's Q met you last weekend on 4. She sounding good not too loud... yet.
Whats going on Q? My scoops will be done this week and im planning to pick up a sprint booster this wed. Car will go in the shop to fix the hood and bumper maybe 1st week of Dec. Maybe we can catch up before then.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Stock Exhaust on Ebay

I have a stock exhaust with only 500 miles on it for sale on ebay for $250.00 plus shipping. It's already in the box.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts