BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i borrowed a friends Vbox a couple of days ago because i wanted to see where i was with this 60-130 thing, i really had no clue where the car would be nor did i have any clue on strategy. Well so far with about 6 runs i have a best time of 9.6!!!!:M5launch: Most of runs were 9.7, 9.8.

Now here is where i need help is with my strategy, im actually running the fastest when i start in 2nd gear witch means i need 3 shifts to get there, i feel in theory i should run faster in 3rd cuz im only a few hundred rpm's out of the power band. Also in 2nd i have a big traction issue where i can spin them the entire gear so i never really get to floor it till 3rd anyway. So what i wanna work on is a rolling start in 2nd then shift at 7400(57mph) then ride out 3rd from there or wait for a warm day where i can gun it in 2nd and see if i can get faster. I also have all my track gear and 3/4 tank of gas in the car plus some laundry in the trunk lol so i havent like run on minimums yet to max the time. I know you can have up to a -3% gradiant and i could have been going up hill for all i know cuz I got no clue how to use the vbox yet, as soon as i figure out how to upload the files i will. HOPE I DID YOU GUYS PROUD!!!​

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
New best 9.3!! Thats 9.3!!!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
New best 9.3!! Thats 9.3!!!
Nice work!

You should list your mods in your signature. Curious to know what you've done that earns you the wonderful 60-130.

-b.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i did my sig thanks:byee55amg

·
Registered
77 Posts
with my m5 bone stock i was doing 60-130mph in 9,2-9,3sec after i tried with just headerback exhaust secondary cat deleted it was running around 8,7-8,8

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Msizzle:

Nice times!

Are you using an SD card in the vbox? Did you download the software to read the files? Let me know if you need any help.

YamanM5:

Your times are rivaling DarrenDallas's stroker times. Pretty fast!

Tom

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
with my m5 bone stock i was doing 60-130mph in 9,2-9,3sec after i tried with just headerback exhaust secondary cat deleted it was running around 8,7-8,8
thats really impressive, as fast as a stroker or my full bolt on 6!! what did you measure with??

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Msizzle:

Nice times!

Are you using an SD card in the vbox? Did you download the software to read the files? Let me know if you need any help.

YamanM5:

Your times are rivaling DarrenDallas's stroker times. Pretty fast!

Tom
Tom im going crazy trying to find a program that will read the files for a mac and i cant find it

·
Registered
77 Posts
with racelogic performancebox i can send u to files monday,on the straight i was doing 8,7sec (2people) now i have more parts but i didnt measure yet

which stroker do u have ?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't have a stroker,I wish I did though!

·
Registered
77 Posts
yep it's really impressive,now i have supersprint headers,70mm straight pipe exhaust,evo pulley,100cell sporcats and digital tunning software im doing 8,2sec

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
YamanM5:

Those are some unbelievable fast times for a non-stroker M5. The fastest stroker M5 time 60-130mph was 8.68s. What sort of slope was the run done one? Can you post a pic of your pbox data?

Tom

·
Registered
77 Posts
I will post t.row actually stroked M5 is not that fast its just wasting money i can roll with anyone who has stroked m5 but theres no any stroked m5 :(

·
In Memoriam
2,398 Posts
Until I see some written proof of what you say, bulls**t.

Sorry man. This is no kindergarden. Give us proof and I will bow to you.

P.S. Once I was going down a cliif with 30% decline and I did 7.2. Then I woke up.:haha::haha::haha:

yep it's really impressive,now i have supersprint headers,70mm straight pipe exhaust,evo pulley,100cell sporcats and digital tunning software im doing 8,2sec

·
In Memoriam
2,398 Posts
Solid proof. Official 6speedonline 60-130 tests. These are considered reference numbers.

"
*7.8 - Lamborghini LP640, stock, 2-shifts
*7.8 - Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06, stock, 2-shifts
7.8 - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
7.9 - RX7, turbocharged (GT35), 360+ rwhp -
9.1 - Porsche 993 RUF Turbo R (100 octane)
9.4 - Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0
9.5 - Porsche 997TT
9.6 - Ferrari F50
*9.9 - Lamborghini Gallardo, stock, 2006, 6-MT, 2-shifts
*10.1 - Ferrari F430
10.3 - BMW M6, stock, 2-shifts
*10.4- E60 M5, stock, 2-shifts "

That is all.

George<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i thought the numbers were nuts too but didnt want to doubt the guy!! He is running with strokers and 570+whp sc dct m3's

·
Registered
77 Posts
i dont need to proof to anyone but i will show u dbn theres no reason to lie we all have m5 YouTube - E60 M5 from Turkey without software my m5 is different from the other m5-6 i dont know why...

·
In Memoriam
2,398 Posts
I saw your video. And you think this is fast ??? WELL. Come over To Greece ( we are very near ) to see what a fast M6 is like. No offense man, you have a very nice car, but stop dreaming about doing 60-130 in 8.2

or even 9. Anyway congrats on a nice car.

George

·
Registered
77 Posts
In the video my car had problems fuel pump and vanos was not working. Look what I wrotee there's no reason to lie did u roll with modded. 997TT ? I can upload more video if u want ;) I don't have to proof to anyone if u could come to istanbul we ll se what haappens in istanbul stays in istanbul ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.