BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Sorry I'm calling a big BS on the 996 (Gt2) having upgraded turbo's.

Reactions: stevezx900

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
i wanted to make sure if this is a gt2 ? because some people told me that he changed the emblems from turbo to gt2 !!! (but the mods are right )

this is a footage showing the porsche

·
Registered
559 Posts
I raced a 966 GT2 before

He had a tune , exhaust and intake

He killed me so easily wasnt even a close race

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
each are is different , but i guess the car i raced is a turbo and not a gt2

·
Registered
228 Posts
Even a 996 turbo with upgrade turbos would walk a M5 all day long. Sorry I still think this 996 had some bolt ons but not no bigger turbos. A chipped 996 would give a bolt on M5 a run for its money.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Even a 996 turbo with upgrade turbos would walk a M5 all day long. Sorry I still think this 996 had some bolt ons but not no bigger turbos. A chipped 996 would give a bolt on M5 a run for its money.
sorry but not way , at least it depends on the rolling speed , I'm sure of his parts this porsche is will known where i live , plus i raced a modded 996 turbo when i was stock and he only had a tune a i won by about a bumper :p until top speed

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
My 996 TT with just a tune, intake and exhaust can beat a stock m5 :3: Only way they are going to catch me is running above 160mph.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yep i guess with bolt ons you'll be able to beat a stock m5 , thumbs up for the porsche :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Depends on if it's a GT2 or a normal turbo as k24 turbos on the GT2 and the extra few psi's of boost make a big difference. An M5 may not be able to keep up with a stock 996 but it will catch it and pass at the higher speeds. A GT2 it will not beat.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Depends on if it's a GT2 or a normal turbo as k24 turbos on the GT2 and the extra few psi's of boost make a big difference. An M5 may not be able to keep up with a stock 996 but it will catch it and pass at the higher speeds. A GT2 it will not beat.
i posted a video that can show the porsche from the exterior so can you give it a look and tell me if its a turbo or a gt2 ? because the owner told me gt2 and the emblems are gt2 but from what i know that his car is a turbo !! maybe he just wants to show off ! the strange thing is that his car is will known

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Look behind the front seats. There should be no back seats, seatbelts or any attachments for them (assuming a regular turbo guy took them out). Most posers would not go through all that trouble. There should also be a GT2 badge on the rear interior deck and also on the e-brake handle (this might have been optional). Then you got the obvious things from the outside such as the specific front and rear bumper covers. The rear cover will have a fixed wing.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I'm calling BS on this. My friend has a 996 Turbo, with around 550hp or so. I have nothing on it. So much quicker than the M5.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts