BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. New member here!

Just wanted to share my ownership of a 6 speed 2008 E60 M5. It has about 71k miles right now. I love this car! It is so much fun to drive.

Weight: Full tank of gas - TBD Lbs. (Weight removed 23 Lbs)

Performance: Dinan Stage 3 tune, RPI Kidney Scoops, Future: IAT relocate, CDV delete

Exhaust: Dinan Muffler Future: Secondary cat delete, EVC cutouts

Suspension: Dinan spings, Dinan Sway Bar Front and Rear Future: proper coilovers

Brakes: Hawk pads Future: SS lines F / R, MOTUL RBF 600

Exterior: H style One Piece Lip, Side Skirt Extensions, Vorshlag 90mm Wheel Stud kit, Front and Side Black Grills, Smoked Side Markers and Reflectors, Invis Bulbs, 30% Tint windows Future: CF diffuser, Tinted taillights

Interior: Alum. trim w/ custom M logo, BMW SSK with 7" TRM knob, Aluminum Pedal set w/ heel toe extension, Future: Custom White Stitching

Wheels: BBS LM Reps (ESR), Specs: 19x 9.5 Front (et. 22)-20MM BW Spacers and 10.5 Rears (et. 22)-7.5mm spacer.

Tires: Fronts: 255/40/19, Rear: 285/35/19.

This thread will be my photos of my car in different settings/places and with different mods as I go along ownership. ENJOY! :grin

When I first got the car:

Attachments

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there any difference between the BBS rims and the BMW ones? They look the same, but looks can be deceiving. May I also ask wha the purpose is for the spacers? Are they for effect, or are they necessary with the style of rim?
Those wheels pictured in the first post are when I first got the car. They are the stock OEM BMW style 166s.

This is how the car sits now with the LMs:

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
M5

Nice Job ! Love the blue..

I also have an 08 6-speed, grey though - blue is very hard to find.

I especially like the front lip, may I ask where you got it ?

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I especially like the front lip, may I ask where you got it ?
Thanks Dan. Search for "E60 M5 H style One Piece Lip" on google / ebay. That's where I got mine.

Some more pictures from my ownership. Added a few new mods.
(New Trunk Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, Tinted Taillights, Electric Exhaust Cutouts, BMC Intake Filters, Diff oil change #DIY, White Stitching)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Very nice! Love that color on the E46 looks black undermost circumstances but a nice blue with some lighting. Good use of keeping the plate alive too :grin

·
Registered
38 Posts
A picture of that mclaren wouldn't have hurt! But besides that beautiful car. I'm currently looking at one. I'm on this forum to try and get some help on an extended warranty, if you have one let me know how it's going for you :) thabks

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just some more photos of the car. New mods are: Alcatara steering wheel w/ white strip and stitching, K&N intakes, FAM tune. Soon to come: Oil and fuel pressure gauge

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A picture of that mclaren wouldn't have hurt! But besides that beautiful car. I'm currently looking at one. I'm on this forum to try and get some help on an extended warranty, if you have one let me know how it's going for you :) thabks
Here is another one for ya:

BTW I dont have a extended warranty, I work on my own car.

·
Registered
272 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Beautiful bro! Don't know what looks better the m5 or the mclaren
Don't kid yourself! The Mclaren takes the cake... Its a 'super car'

She is looking very nice! :) Damn those cone filters are clean - LOL
Apprentice the kind words! Haha the water was straight black when I cleaned all the oil/dirt off them. Thanks again for the hook up. I submitted + feedback for you, mind doing the same for me?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Don't kid yourself! The Mclaren takes the cake... Its a 'super car'

Apprentice the kind words! Haha the water was straight black when I cleaned all the oil/dirt off them. Thanks again for the hook up. I submitted + feedback for you, mind doing the same for me?
Sure - :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts