BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VF Engineering is at the show and demonstrating their stage 4 kit – and its producing 540WHP(on pump gas) and 600WHP on race gas. These guys really know how to keep on making more power, and the best part is we've already got it available for order. Read all about it: http://www.modbargains.com/showpages.aspx?pid=1287
The most exciting element of modifying a BMW is not only about making a tasteful exterior, but creating the most powerful BMW within its category! I decided to talk to Nik from VF Engineering to take a look at their latest projects that they have at their booth, and I was so glad that I did. Their booth featured a Stage 1 and Stage 2 Supercharger System on an E46 M3 and a Stage 4 Supercharger System on a vehicle at the EvosportBooth! I went there for just a quick look and overview on their featured BMWs, but I ended up having a nice chat with Nik about each of his show cars.

The BMW E46 M3 with the Stage 1 Supercharger System increased power from 275 wheel horsepower to an amazing 400 wheel horsepower on pump gas!! The BMW E46 M3 with the Stage 2 Supercharger System increased horsepower to 475 wheel horsepower on 91 Octane gas, which is equivalent to 570 horsepower at the crank on only 8.5 PSI. After some additional chatting about how nice the E46s looked and how fun it must be driving the vehicle, I couldn't help but cut it short and ask him about the Stage 4 Supercharger System on the car at the Evosport booth. As you can tell, I was pretty interested in the Stage 4 Supercharger System, and this is why: The car made an amazing 540 wheel horsepower on ordinary pump gas and 600 wheel horsepower on race gas! When I heard the numbers, I was only able to ask Nik for the numbers again to make sure I heard right.
I love power, but that's something that any performance professionals can develop, so I asked Nik, what it was that made their supercharger systems different from everyone else. He told me that their M3 supercharger kits are the current "hot choice" for the M3 owners. The supercharger systems feature a liquid-to-air intercooler, which is more efficient than an air-to-air intercooler. This means that the driver does not need water or alcohol injection to keep charge temperatures down. Also, the supercharger unit, made by Vortech, is much larger than their main competitor who uses a supercharger kit that's limited at 9 PSI. With Vortech unit, it can run up to almost twice as much as their main competitor-16 PSI!! On top of all these awesome features, the supercharger unit doesn't require any oil system or oil lines. This is the latest development from Vortech, which keeps the parts not-so-complex and the installation easy.

I'm not sure if I was able to keep my mouth shut for one second during the jaw-dropping discussion about the powerful E46 M3s at the VF Engineering booth and the Evosport booth, but all I know is that after I continued my way around, I could only imagine myself in one of those supercharged cars, pushing each one to the limit!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was wondering the same thing!

We were covering the show and what was going on - it wasn't only to M5's it was to all BMW's in general. There were some articles directly relating directly to M5's As to other articles they are available on our site right now for those interested on what was happening at the largest BMW aftermarket show in the world.

·
Registered
915 Posts
not to be rude, but put it in the west section..(california) half the people on this forum dont even care about bimmerfest. ive been to 4 of them and this year was the worse one by far..

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
VF Engineering is at the show and demonstrating their stage 4 kit – and its producing 540WHP(on pump gas) and 600WHP on race gas.
I find that extremely hard to believe that by adding pump gas alone will give you 60WHP !!!!

A friend just achieved 60 WHP after adding headers, racing cats, xpipe, race mufflers, ecu upgrade, RPI intake and a power pulley which are all the bolt ons available on the market.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Plus where are the pictures of the stage 4 supercharged M5 and its engine since you were not far from from the evosport booth ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts