BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want more power. The only thing on the horizon is the RPI headers, awaiting more data.

• Dinan airbox looks like a serious joke
  • Regular Headers like to throw codes
  • ASR Nitrous looks good but I am not into quarter-mile
I am in Mod hell, nothing out there even interesting.....

Like Bonnie Tyler's song.... Holding out for a Hero... Give me power!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would recommend headers, got more power from them then all my other mods combined. Also evosport and ASR have intakes on the way I believe.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I want more power. The only thing on the horizon is the RPI headers, awaiting more data.

Me too man. And I already have headers.

There is one company that is looking at doing a TT. I'm holding
onto hope that they are successful. They have an office in SoCal
and I believe their headquarters are in Canada. They are doing
some really interesting stuff on mbworld right now. Look for
their 5.7L engine rebuild and you'll know who I'm talking about.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
One of the mods I will eventually do that people rave about is the 3.91 diff (either Dinan or Evosport). It's apparently a must have, but then again you might be looking for more overall hp than that mod

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Scratch that, just saw your sig. My bad!!

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Bone, go with the Nos, I'm not into 1/4 mile either but it is a lot of fun between 175 and 210 !!!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
UFH -- I didn't think you were into modding these cars at all? I thought you were all about keeping them stock, do you have the NOS?

·
Registered
663 Posts

Look for our CAI available in mid to late May. Many other companies have been changing the design of the factory intake calling it a cold air, but the source of the air flow is still coming from the factory ducts. Our's is a true CAI with T304 Stainless Steel 200 Micron Air filters, highest flowing air filters on the market. It feeds from a true cold air source and also has a water bypass valve to prevent from sucking water into the intake. It also has all the factory fitments for the coolant reservoir lines, windshield wiper reservoir, and most importantly the factory air pump hose for cold start. The elimination of the factory air pump hose on every other intake system on the market is what causes the dreaded and horrible cold start. We will have dyno numbers and pricing within the next 2 weeks.

·
Registered
907 Posts
And ESS will have a SC system coming out later this year.....I'd say things are looking up.....

Reactions: Falb

·
Registered
291 Posts
ASR Engineering,
Very nice!
I look forward to hearing more. Will this require any adjustments to the ECU?

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Look for our CAI available in mid to late May. Many other companies have been changing the design of the factory intake calling it a cold air, but the source of the air flow is still coming from the factory ducts. Our's is a true CAI with T304 Stainless Steel 200 Micron Air filters, highest flowing air filters on the market. It feeds from a true cold air source and also has a water bypass valve to prevent from sucking water into the intake. It also has all the factory fitments for the coolant reservoir lines, windshield wiper reservoir, and most importantly the factory air pump hose for cold start. The elimination of the factory air pump hose on every other intake system on the market is what causes the dreaded and horrible cold start. We will have dyno numbers and pricing within the next 2 weeks.

Thanks.... I will be in Miami in mid-late May. If possible, I would love to swing by your place and take some pics for the board....

Who knows, maybe we can work out a deal and I will need to pack an extra carry on :haha:

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's suspension time, T Bone! :D

Now I think you are mocking me here.... I refuse to touch the suspension unless I have time to sort it out at the track....

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Nice! Can't wait to see the numbers and pricing. I assume that software
is necessary for this?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
A point to bring up. Many of us have different software. Powerchip,
ESS, AA, etc. I notice that most tuners seem to only be affiliated
with on company when offering their systems. ASR seems to like
AA. Can we get ASR to also have a tune for items through a Powerchip
as well? Or through ESS?

A huge reason whey I don't even consider Dinan is because they only
have software for their own mods. To even think about their CAI
I would have to dump my software and get theirs. The ASR CAI
sounds interesting but does that mean I have to dump my software
for AA? That could be a deal breaker.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Agreed.....I am really not interested in changing software unless I am installing a SC or TT kit....

·
Registered
915 Posts
Marshall, wait for my thread this weekend. :hihi:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Agreed.....I am really not interested in changing software unless I am installing a SC or TT kit....
Talk to someone on the boards with our software and see if they will let you drive their car. I bet you will change your level of interest :haha2:

Also, we will offer a discount on the supercharger for those that already have the ESS software.

Not to mention our software + headers does not throw any check engine faults :).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts