BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Mod Combinations

687 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  WannaM 
#1 ·
I'm new to the M5 and I want to switch out the original exhaust system for a Tubi. At some point in the future, I want to do the Powerchip mod, as well.

My question is: will the Tubi system work well without the chip conversion? Or do I need (important word: need) to do the chip to have the exhaust system work properly/well?

Any advise will be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
I dont think you need the powerchip if you just do the cans, but if you do headers, it is reccomended that you have your software upgraded. Alotof board members have commented that powerchip does not provide large gains in horsepower, but almost all have said that it does increase drivability and the fun factor, Josh

By the way where is Highland park? MN?

#3 ·
Just north of Chicago.

Mike
bmwusa said:
I dont think you need the powerchip if you just do the cans, but if you do headers, it is reccomended that you have your software upgraded. Alotof board members have commented that powerchip does not provide large gains in horsepower, but almost all have said that it does increase drivability and the fun factor, Josh

By the way where is Highland park? MN?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.