BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 488 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Inverno pulled a sweet drift through the parking lot on the way out. That alone was worth the price of admission. :)
You must have missed it, but TJ did one too!

Hope to see you soon, sadcaper (I really want to see your car!).

Hopefully better weather next time!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread; I just received Tim's exhaust tip. Does anybody know any great quality muffler shop that can delete the muffler and add tim's tip? Around brooklyn park would be awesome. TIA

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hey guys sorry I missed it, fell sick on Friday with the flu, next time,

Also Lukj for Tips I got mine done at Carx (I beleive they have changed the name now) on brooklyn Blvd, talk with the mgr there he will get it done did mine perfect.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Opinion on extended warrenty ??

As I am ready to take the beast out of storage for the winter I am thinking about getting an extended warrenty. I have 15.5k on the car (an 01 e39) and am trying to decide if I should do it or not. They will take it up to 50k for 5years for about two grand. Is is worth it...
Has anyone done that? Thanks in advance for your help.

Zunlor

·
Registered
732 Posts
As I am ready to take the beast out of storage for the winter I am thinking about getting an extended warrenty. I have 15.5k on the car (an 01 e39) and am trying to decide if I should do it or not. They will take it up to 50k for 5years for about two grand. Is is worth it...
Has anyone done that? Thanks in advance for your help.

Zunlor
It all depends on what the warranty covers and how much the deductible is, if they do not cover most of the wear parts that go bad, then its probably not worth it. There are enough people around the MN area that you could get help with most things that the warranty will cover. I have put out the offer to anyone on here, that I am willing to help wrench on anyone's car. I have been working on BMW's for the last 10 years and the M5 is currently my 12th BMW, I have done countless engine and transmission swaps, etc etc.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
It all depends on what the warranty covers and how much the deductible is, if they do not cover most of the wear parts that go bad, then its probably not worth it. There are enough people around the MN area that you could get help with most things that the warranty will cover. I have put out the offer to anyone on here, that I am willing to help wrench on anyone's car. I have been working on BMW's for the last 10 years and the M5 is currently my 12th BMW, I have done countless engine and transmission swaps, etc etc.
Good to know. Thanks in advance u never know.

·
Registered
732 Posts
TJ,

Do you have a shop?

Ken
If you want to call my personal "pole shed" with a wood burning furnace, that can fit 4 cars a shop, then YES, haha. Seriously though I have a ton of work space, tools, jacks, ramps, etc, no 4 post lift as of right now though :(. It is plenty of space to do most any work.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Cars and Coffee are coming up next Saturday!

Who is going, and do you guys want to do breakfast afterwards in Chanhassen area?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Lisa and I are in! Lets find a spot on the way and meet for breakfast. I'll do some looking tonight when I get home. Exciting - Spring is here!!

If you want to eat afterwards, Lisa and I will have to pass because we have a house full of people showing up at 1:30pm.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm in for C&C. We'd have to do a early breakfast, but I'm up for it!

I need to get my car ready for the meet, though. I finally get my summer rubber on Thursday.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well to park in a decent spot at Cars and Coffee you need to be there around 8AM. Earlier is always better.
After 9am there is no parking in the show area.

Maybe we can get a very early breakfast, or go after the show around 10AM or 10:30AM for a quick lunch.
Up to you guys.

·
Registered
216 Posts
7AM for a quick breakfast works for me.

Here are some options close to Cars and Coffee:
1) Millie's Deli (basic pancakes and omlettes, opens at 7am, right by Automotorplex) Millie's Restaurant Chanhassen
2) Original Pancake House (549 Prairie Center Drive, Eden Prairie, MN) - The Original Pancake House
3) There is also an Einstein Bros and Perkins near Millie's Deli by the Motorplex

I might still be rocking the winter wheels and tires. No shame in that....it just doesn't look great :(

·
Registered
335 Posts
So is C&C just a gathering of people and their cars, or is it more of an actual show? Can anyone park in the "show" areas? Or do you need to register? Just never heard of it so wondering what it actually is. Sounds like some cool cars could be there based on the diagram though!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Don't need to register. Entry is first-come, first-served until the parking lot fills up. It isn't a show in terms of entry fees or awards or anything, but people are still "showing" their cars. There is parking for non-show cars as well nearby.

This is my first C&C where I'll have a car worthy enough for the show area!

My vote is Millie's. I think the Eurowerks crew is meeting at Perkins, so it may be too busy to go there. Sadcaper, you joining our breakfast? I want to see your car!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well, I doubt I make the breakfast as that's just too dang early! I am trying to make the C&C work, just depends on if my daughter has gymnastics that morning or not. Would be fun to check out some rides though so I'm hoping to make it!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well, I doubt I make the breakfast as that's just too dang early!
That's what the coffee is for cherrsagai

Hope to see you at C&C if not the breakfast!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks Inverno for directing me here - I've been a member of M5Board for 2+ years and never knew there was an active MN thread...

I hope to see y'all at C&C this weekend. My M5 will likely not be there (having the rust bubbles inside the gas filler door fixed...) so I'll be driving my E36 (black 328 sedan).

Took the E36 out for the first drive of the year yesterday - took the snow tires off the M5 as well. Winter is officially over (at least I hope it is...)

-Rob

121 - 140 of 488 Posts