BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 488 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
It was a great meet today, nice to meet you all. We should do a monthly breakfast/lunch. As I said at breakfast, my garage is in Mankato, but if people need so help or room working on or detailing their cars let me know. I was thinking we should see who all wants to do the S62 rod bearings and we could all do them at my garage this summer some time.

Do we want to plan another GTG?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had a great time too - wonderful to meet everyone and enjoy a meal together. I think my wife's in for the next one - she's excited to join the fun!

I'm up to hooking up monthly - let's get a jump on picking a date so everyone can get it on their calendars before they fill up.

Looking forward to seeing each of you again in February. Until then, keep it shiny-side up!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
@TJ Hunter - when you have time, shoot me an email at tgearman (at) gmail (dot) com. My post count in too low to PM you. Thanks!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I had a good time meeting everybody. Also looking forward to getting even more people out next time!

As far as next meet, I'm busy the weekend of Feb. 19/20 and maybe the weekend of Feb. 12/13. How does Feb. 26 or 27 sound?

Here are some of my pictures from today's meet - I haven't had a chance to edit them yet so they are untouched:

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ha, in that last picture it almost looks like I am doing a burnout from all the exhaust smoke in the cold.
I just need to photoshop and move the smoke by the tires.

My wife and I had a great time. It was really cool to see the Sepang Bronze in person.
And of course it's a treat to see and talk about one of my favorite M cars of all time, the E39.

I am up for a meet late February, any Saturday should work OK for me.

And thanks for sharing the pictures.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics, Inverno - they look great. I told my wife I had camera envy when you pulled that thing out of your car. :D

I'm in for Saturday, Feb 26th. Someone pick a good spot for us to rendezvous - anywhere in MN is fine with me.

Have an outstanding week everyone!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Feb 26th works for me as well, do we want to meet at a different restaurant or do we want to keep Edina Grill as "the spot", if you will?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I would say let's do a different place each time, even though Edina Grill was great.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I'll eat anywhere - I just like to eat!!
HAHA I am with you on that one! I do not know that area well at all, I liked the meeting time though, that way we can get some good food to start off the day and the meet does not take up the whole day if we dont want it too.

·
Registered
223 Posts
All the pictures from the meeting are great. I can't wait for spring. As I have said before my beast is asleep for the winter. Here is a picture of her. :byebye::byebye:
That's a clean-looking ride, Zunlor. I can't wait for spring either to take full advantage of the beast's capabilities :M5launch:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice pics Inverno, sorry I wasn't able to make it out. The ///M was in the body shop :crying:. Looking forward to the next one later this month :biggrin: should be fun.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Alright Folks - we're two weeks from our next breakfast, time to dial in the place and time! Any suggestions/recommendations? Let's figure it out early so everyone can join us.
And have an outstanding week!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well I made a suggestion that we should meet up at a different place every time, but if it's gonna be hard to pick a new place we can stick with the Edina Grill.

The ramp there was nice, and it had great food.

I am up for anything though, as long as we meet up.

·
Registered
95 Posts
+1 for any place, as long as we hook up!

So it's going to be 9:00 am @ the Edina Grill unless someone has a better plan.

Let's see a show of hands for who's coming. :D

·
Registered
223 Posts
Never been here before, but I am going to suggest the Good Day Cafe: Good Day Café - Golden Valley, MN

It got good reviews and seems to be plenty of parking and it is listed as good for groups.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Saturday, Feb 26th at the Good Day Cafe - sounds like a winner to me!! I'll be there about 8:45am and will try to hold the best parking for us. I'm excited already - hope the weather is nice to us!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Anyone going to the Winter Car Control Clinic with BMWCCA this Sunday?

I will be there.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I can't make it to the clinic this Sunday - Lisa and I are doing Valentine's Day on Sunday because Mondays BLOW!

You'll have to give us the full report at breakfast next weekend. Have fun!

81 - 100 of 488 Posts