BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 488 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
There are a couple of M5's around. I went to last months cars and coffee, but if you don't get there early you don't get to park inside. So the M5 sat in the spectator parking. Oh well. I think the organizers need to get a bit picky with who they let in, but that's probably just me. Maybe tomorrow there will be more rare and unique cars out there. Last month was pretty vanilla compared to some of the days last year.

Veronica

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't know if this post is dead or not, but I just picked up an E39 M5 and joined on here a couple days ago. I'm from the Anoka area. Would love to go on some cruises maybe next summer since it's getting a bit chilly out now.:Thumbdown:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lets get it going again

I also have a 2001 e39 M5 (15k miles)...perfect condition and live in Plymouth, MN. Would love to meet other e39 owners in the area for coffee or a drink...compare stories and ideas.

Roger

·
Registered
223 Posts
I picked my e39 M5 up a couple weeks ago. I'd still be up for a meeting before winter strikes - I'm in Plymouth also.

·
Registered
59 Posts
New 2000 M5 owner here in St Paul. The Beast is in storage for the winter, although it comes out on nice days here and there :noSMG: Would love to meet up with local owners come spring time!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great so would I. I put mine to bed November 1st. plan on taking it out for its 15,000 mile inspection the end of March and then a detailing. The beasts are getting restless. Maybe in early April we can schedule a meeting of all Mpls-St.Paul owners some Saturday morning.

Zunlor

·
Registered
223 Posts
Too bad your beasts are in storage for the winter - it would be sort of fun to have a subzero meet. I get to drive mine all winter!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am up for a sub-zero meet. M5 is a MN daily driver for me.

I am kind of bummed the cars and coffee doesnt go through the winter months.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'd be up for a sub-zero meet if anyone else wants too.

Also Inverno how much hp is your beast producing? Seeing your mod list makes me think its fast :M5launch: :M5thumbs: haha

·
Registered
223 Posts
I haven't had it on a dyno in my ownership but once I get a few small issues sorted I'm going to get it tested. It is a few suspension and driveline bits (flywheel and diff) away from an S2, which Dinan lists at 470hp. According to my butt dyno it feels close, and it is definitely quick :M5launch:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice, I'm definitly jealous :cheers: how does the full exhaust sound on the car? I'm looking at picking up headers and mid pipes soon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I look forward to seeing all your beasts in the spring. Mine comes out of it's winter nap as soon as the snow if off the road. Thanks.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nice, I'm definitly jealous :cheers: how does the full exhaust sound on the car? I'm looking at picking up headers and mid pipes soon.
It sounds glorious at anything near WOT, especially above 3k rpm. It has a little drone around 800-1100 or something like that but it doesn't really bother me.

4doors is your exhaust stock? If I didn't have Dinan exhaust I've heard very good things about Timmay tips.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It sounds glorious at anything near WOT, especially above 3k rpm. It has a little drone around 800-1100 or something like that but it doesn't really bother me.

4doors is your exhaust stock? If I didn't have Dinan exhaust I've heard very good things about Timmay tips.
Do you have any video clips of your exhaust? I know it won't do it justice at all. As for my exhaust, it has Dinan mufflers that were on it when I bought it. It's a good volume but I like louder exhausts:1: haha

·
Registered
223 Posts
I don't have any clips of my setup, but I'm trying to find somebody with a nice HD video camera that I could use to make a good video of exhaust noise. I might also try an audio recorder that could maybe give a more accurate sound.

I like the volume levels - daily driving sound is reasonable but sounds amazing when giving it a little bit more.

Could also meet up if you want to hear it in person!

·
Registered
23 Posts
For sure, we'll all have to figure out a time to meet and maybe do a cruise. :noSMG: maybe make a HD vid too :flag:

·
Registered
223 Posts
So I drove by a lake near my house today and I had the inspiration to hold a sub-zero meet on a lake somewhere (followed by a cruise to a coffee shop or something). Any of the winter DD guys interested or would you prefer to stick to solid ground?

Also, anybody interested in buying a Dinan E39 front strut tower brace? I am selling mine, but I want to give local guys a chance to buy it before posting it on the broader section. It is clean and in very good shape. $375.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm in Plymouth and 4doors? you are in Anoka, right? Keca, where are you? Any other people interested in joining?

I say we find a lake that we can all make it to that has easy access for our cars - I'd imagine that some launches would be too steep for some of our cars :D

21 - 40 of 488 Posts