BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been following the Eurocharged tune threads? I'm curious if anyone would be interested in getting their car tuned.

For anyone who hasn't followed, basically:
-Jerry from Eurocharged comes to a local shop and dyno tunes our cars. Sounds like we would need 5 people to get him to come up.
-For those with E60 M5's there is a pulley/tune/programmer deal (with the dyno tune) for $1200. Individuals have seen results as high as 40whp!
-Jerry is able to tune BMW's, Mercedes, Lamborghini, Porsche, etc. so if you know anyone, spread the word.

I was thinking early May if possible?

Matt

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am interested as well. Please keep me posted. I appreciate you coordinating this!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Excellent! We just need a couple more people. It appears that you also have an M3, would you be interested in getting both your cars tuned?....Since this MN tune seems to be building steam, are you guys interested in just a tune or getting the pulley/programmer/tune package, etc.?

I'll get in contact with Eurocharged and figure out the details based on what everyone whats done with their cars. From my understanding and what I've seen, it looks as though a tune only would run $400 plus we pay the dyno facility's fee for the dyno. This of course I will have to confirm with Eurocharged. I'm developing a relationship with DB Performance in Rogers and it would be nice to have it done there but I'm open to suggestions. They also have a dyno dynamics (loaded) dyno which Jerry from Eurocharged prefers. Also keep in mind, Jerry will also tune a wide variety of other cars, so if you have anyone else that may be interested, spread the word.

How about any of you E39 guys? Interested?

**To the individuals interested: Please email me at [email protected] so I can also have a better way to contact you if need be. It looks as though none of us so far have enough time (posts) on here to be able to PM each other. I encourage you all to keep as much info and conversation with me (or each other) here on the open forum vs. email and PM's. This will hopefully spark and keep interest with others to join in and for everyone to be in-the-know about what's going on. Again for those interested, please email me so I have another means of contact if need be and I will try and keep everyone aware of whats going on and updates as they come.

-Matt

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks Matt,

I would be just interested in the tune as I will most likely be looking at the new F10 M5 when available. Also, yes, I do have interest in the tune for the M3 as well but in both cases would like to know how each effect warranty and other possible conflicts.

I will email you you directly as well.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mhirsch- it may be beneficial for you to purchase the progammer with the tune. This allows you to switch back to the factory tune if you are concerned about warranty issues. If you had both your cars tuned, and if Marty is in, we would only need one more car. Know of anyone?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I will need to get my M3 to the 1200 mile service first, this could be an issue

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Start driving it daily.....need any help? :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well its getting down to the wire (first track day) and due to the lack of definite interest, I'm going to proceed solo. I'm ordering the pulley/programmer/tune package and Jerry is going to custom tune my car.

Due to the time crunch (by May 4th), I'm not sure if we could actually pull off a discounted tune day by the time frame I need. However, if individuals are still interested I will still help set things up with Jerry and the dyno shop for a day that works everyone else involved. If not, within the next couple weeks I will have some dyno results for you.

-Matt

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone is more than welcome to come watch as well. If you want to get your car dyno'd for some baseline #'s or just see what she'll do, its $75 for 3 pulls.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for all your help on this!! I am just not sure its worth it for me if I will be buying the F10 soon, but I would like to be there when you have it done. Also, I will see you at the meet in May!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No problem, I'll let you know when I get everything scheduled and hopefully you can make it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have yet to schedule, I'm shooting for Friday the 29th or Monday the 2nd. Once I figure out exactly I'll let you know.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Anyone is more than welcome to come watch as well. If you want to get your car dyno'd for some baseline #'s or just see what she'll do, its $75 for 3 pulls.
I'm not interested in a tune at this point, but depending on the day/time I'd be interested in getting some dyno numbers.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Inverno- I'm going to DBperformance on thurs to talk to them about doing it on Friday April 29th or Monday May 2nd. Do either of these dates work for you? Timeframe? If your in for sure, I'll try and schedule us around similiar times. I'll of course verify with you before making a committment.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Monday is probably the better day for me - either as early in the morning or late in the afternoon/evening as possible (I work mon-fri but barring any scheduling conflicts I could take a while off for a dyno).

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sounds good. I'll let you know what I can come up with. I'll shoot for later in the day on Monday.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I have my dyno time scheduled for next Tuesday, May 3rd at 8 a.m., as this was the only time they had available the next two weeks. As I mentioned, anyone is more than welcome to come watch.

Inverno- I'm not sure if they will have time to dyno your car. However, I do have 2 hours scheduled and Jerry thought he could get my car tuned within the first few flashes. If there is time left, maybe we can talk them into letting you strap your car down. Im not sure if a "maybe" is worth it to you to take off work but let me know either way. If not, I completely understand.

-Matt

·
Registered
223 Posts
I think it probably doesn't make sense for me to sign up for a maybe. I appreciate the offer, though!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts