·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm planning on going via Chicago pick up a buddy of mine and head down to ohio

·
Registered
23 Posts
Cool, should we see if a group in Chicago would want to head to Ohio with us? :7: then we could arrive in a caravan lol

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm not sure if I'm going, but if I do we should definitely all head down together. Start here, maybe pick up a few members in Wisconsin if there are any coming, then get even more in Chicago on the way to Ohio. Convoys are fun!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I'm heading out for sure, regardless if there is a big group going or not.

4doors? - you may want to rethink going at all.

Keep me posted on the plans, right now I plan on leaving early friday, but that could change.

Bob

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm going regardless, doesn't bother me if its a small group or not, just thought it would be fun to have a group head out there together.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Ahh, OK. by your first post it seemed as if you were only interested if there were enough others going. Last year I was the only one that came from this way, it was a blast.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I'm subscribing to this thread to keep up on when the Wisconsin, MN, IL-chicago, group will roll through Indy. I hope to have about 3 other members join me this year from around town. Hopefully you guys can put together a good one and we'll add 4 for the last 2.5 hours of the trip.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
I am REALLY looking forward to seeing you guys again! (Bob - Anthony) You guys should come out Thursday. I am trying to hook us up with a VIP section at a bar downtown Thursday night. (NOT a strip club) May end up being Friday night after the drags too though......

·
Registered
798 Posts
I am heading down early Friday morning. Hooking up with REKIII in West Bend and then the Chicago group.
Im in Appleton. Should be a couple hundred M5's there.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I talked about the potential thursday with my wife.

Basically we are leaving that possibility open. All depends on sitters for the kids and my work load.

As it gets closer some of us who are looking to meet and caravan should exchange numbers so we can keep each other updated in a more up-to-date way in case plans change.

As of right now the official plans are to leave early friday and hook up with the various crews.

Bob

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I talked about the potential thursday with my wife.

Basically we are leaving that possibility open. All depends on sitters for the kids and my work load.

As it gets closer some of us who are looking to meet and caravan should exchange numbers so we can keep each other updated in a more up-to-date way in case plans change.

As of right now the official plans are to leave early friday and hook up with the various crews.

Bob
sitters for the kids? just bring them that's what we're doing.

what time do you think you will be arriving in the Chicago area? I was planning on leaving ~7/8 am. I would like to leave as early as possible, 6 am preferred, but I have to be realistic with a wife and 2 kids.

·
Registered
798 Posts
sitters for the kids? just bring them that's what we're doing.

what time do you think you will be arriving in the Chicago area? I was planning on leaving ~7/8 am. I would like to leave as early as possible, 6 am preferred, but I have to be realistic with a wife and 2 kids.
7am or 8am? Chicago is about 6 hours from Columbus, right??? I think everyone is leaving for the track around 2 or 3 pm right. Your going to want to leave earlier than that...6ish right.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Well that's why I want to leave at 6 but I need to be realistic with the family and all. with you guys coming down from WI you would have to leave ~4am to get to my area by 6am.

I live in the western burbs and heading out on 294S after 88 is not bad at all in the morning i do it all the time heading over to OH IN and MI

I drive to OH often and could do Columbus in about 5.5 hours so leaving at 7 or 8 would get me there around 2 or 3 with stopping for food and gas.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I'm still not sure what day we are leaving, but if it is Friday morning it will be as early as possible.

Catching the caravan to the strip probably isn't a make or break. We could always meet them there.

As for the kids....not going to put a 4 and 6 year old through that long of a drive and a couple of days of not really exciting stuff for them to do. Plus there wont be any problems with us both going out late. More power to you on the fam, just not for me this trip. We did Disney earlier this year! haha.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I think I'm still going to Timmayfest. Because a couple people in my office are going to be at a conference that week, I have to be at work all of Friday :(

That means I have to leave Minneapolis on Friday evening and need to make it to Ohio by 10 a.m. on Saturday :M5launch:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts