BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys ,This may have been covered but I couldn't find it when I've searched .
Does the power light on the Mk4 stay on all the time?
I was out with the car earlier and when i returned home i go through this routine because i generally only use it maybe at weekends.
Reverse into garage
Park up and open bootlid
Attached a Optimate charger to battery
Lock the boot catch (so the car thinks the bootlid is shut,and then lock car.
This evening i went to the car and noticed the sat/nav unit power light was still on after at least 3 hours since i used it,is this normal?
My car is a 2000 M5,and with RichardP help via this board etc i installed the Mk4 and everything is working.

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
The light should go out after 1 minute of iBus inactivity.

Unless you left the boot lid actually open (interior boot light on), the act of opening the boot (unless the boot light did not come on) will have woken up the Nav.

You can easily check the Nav by leaving the boot open with the key out of the ignition, watch it and see how long (if at all) the light takes to go out. It should take about 1 1/2 minutes. The boot light will go out after about 15 minutes if you leave it open.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The light should go out after 1 minute of iBus inactivity.

Unless you left the boot lid actually open (interior boot light on), the act of opening the boot (unless the boot light did not come on) will have woken up the Nav.

You can easily check the Nav by leaving the boot open with the key out of the ignition, watch it and see how long (if at all) the light takes to go out. It should take about 1 1/2 minutes. The boot light will go out after about 15 minutes if you leave it open.
Richard,hello,
I've checked car again,and the power light on sat nav unit is on.
The bootlid is open but i push the locking catch in so the car thinks it is shut and the boot lights go out.
The rest of the car is locked but the Mk4 power light is still on?
The Mk 2 light used to go out after about 1-2 minutes.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Richard,hello,
I've checked car again,and the power light on sat nav unit is on.
The bootlid is open but i push the locking catch in so the car thinks it is shut and the boot lights go out.
The rest of the car is locked but the Mk4 power light is still on?
The Mk 2 light used to go out after about 1-2 minutes.
Also when i went to the car today prior to using it the disc was poking out of the sat nav?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts