1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
eventually got some a firmware updgrade and latest 2011 maps for my mk3 unit
never realised i needed a key cd till now ..i am not so hot in burning cds
so could do with some help in getting hold of a key cd or version 17 plenty in the search function
im just im not good at all that stuff..if anyone in the uk can send me a copy or returnable version i will pay
i had sw/3/1/31 not sure what bmwnavi sent me as i cant access the screen now to see what version i have just installed.

thanks Daniel

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
after not being overwelmed with assistance , i luckily found bmwnavi and man was that fast
i have difficulty with some IT stuff so the reason for the help thread
they talked me throu it and i downloaded the software and imgburn with the specific files in an easy to understand way
popped it in and bosh she fired up in a heart beat..so sending some props to bmwnavi THANKS YOU.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers richard i know your a good lad and super helpfull
tbh with all this nav stuff ive clobbered together and thread hunts never even come across needing a key cd on the mk3.
well its all here now laying in the boot ready to refit..a big job im sure but this stuff i can handle
i think i might at the end fitting time need to double check i have the small connections fitted to the correct parts
not the big plugs they are self explanitory more the tiny push on black wires they came loose in a bag.
dan

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
There is only one condition under which you need the key CD, on a Mk III going from full screen (lower than 3-1/40) to split screen (3-1/40 or higher) software. If you ever downgrade from Split to Full screen and then upgrade again, the key CD is not needed again.

Which tiny push on black wires are you referring to?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
some come off the loom to the trimble, radio and nav computer all have 1 or 2 push on plugs silver ends
and gps antenna ,getting them linked wrong will cause probs

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Yikes!

The Trimble you can disconnect anyway, you don't need it.

You have all the pinouts for the various modules don't you? So 'just' a case of determining which is which by either following the coloured cable back or process of elimination.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts