BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally tested to be functional yesterday. Comes with an outdated 2002-1 North America DVD.

$375 shipped to the US, buyer covers my Paypal fee (if any).

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hey Adam,

Throw it on my pile of stuff. I'll bring the $ when I retrieve everything.

Can you find an updated disc?

Doug

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Adam,

Throw it on my pile of stuff. I'll bring the $ when I retrieve everything.

Can you find an updated disc?

Doug
Sounds good, Doug. She is yours. I'll try to drum up an up to date disc for you.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Doug, if Adam cannot find a newer disk, I might be able to help.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Doug, if Adam cannot find a newer disk, I might be able to help.
Hey, thanks a lot! I appreciate the offer. I will contact you to keep you in the loop even if Adam comes through.

Thank you very much. :M5thumbs:

Doug

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, thanks a lot! I appreciate the offer. I will contact you to keep you in the loop even if Adam comes through.

Thank you very much. :M5thumbs:

Doug
No worries, Doug. Allison completes the loop. She was my first and only stop and came through as always. Thanks to her, we've got you covered. :hihi:

Reactions: AGM5

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have another MK 4 DVD Navigation drive available. Unit is a 2006 model and tested good before removal from an E39 M5.

Included is a new 2015 DVD set for North America. Retail, these run nearly $200 alone.

$415 shipped to the US + Paypal fees, if any.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MK4 in post #7 is sold!

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another MK4 available. Unit is tested good.

Comes with 2015 Region 2 DVD. This covers areas west of the Mississippi. Don't have the eastern disc.

$375 shipped to the US.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still available.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have 1 unit available with an older OEM disc for $360 shipped.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Have 1 unit available with an older OEM disc for $360 shipped.
Adam, the 2015 is the newest and the last new map disk for the i-bus navigation system.

BMW in their finite wisdom, has ended support for all navigation systems which are not hard drive based (Navigation High {I-bus} and CCC {Navigation Professional [MOST]}).

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2 MK4 units available for $360 shipped each to the US. Western buyers get 2014 DVD. Eastern buyers are stuck with a 2004 DVD.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still have 2 MK4 units available!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Clemster, I'm new here and have a question. The MKIV unit I have will read CDs but will not read the DVD map disc for my navi. Would this mean I would need a new unit? Is this completely plug and play or would I need to do something else like coding?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Clemster, I'm new here and have a question. The MKIV unit I have will read CDs but will not read the DVD map disc for my navi. Would this mean I would need a new unit? Is this completely plug and play or would I need to do something else like coding?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like an issue with the optic. Contact member AGM5 who post earlier in this thread. She may be able to offer repair services or better advice.

Reactions: Andre13 and AGM5

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Thank you for the kind referral, Adam. Andre13, it dies sound like you optic is starting its trip into the grave. It is repairable. If you would like, feel free to PM me to discuss the details.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thank you for the kind referral, Adam. Andre13, it dies sound like you optic is starting its trip into the grave. It is repairable. If you would like, feel free to PM me to discuss the details.
AGM5, thanks for the offer to help! I tried to PM you but looks like i need more posts here to do that... I have read on the forum about the laser going bad. Would this be a similar situation?

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Yes. A failing laser seems a likely cause. It is not to hard of a job, if you're reasonably good with electronics and a soldering torch.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts