BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
As my Baltic cruise continues, we called on Warnemünde in Germany yesterday. We took a car in to Berlin for the day and of course my first instruction for the driver was to take me to a large BMW dealer in Berlin. He knew exactly where to go and took me to BMW Kurfürstendamm. I walked into the show room and was disappointed to only see the typical inventory you’d see at any dealer—a 7-series, 3-series, Z-4, X5. I then approached a sales cubicle and asked the man if he spoke English. He replied with a negative nod and directed me to the man next door. I asked him if by any chance they had an M5 in stock to view. He pointed behind him and said, “Next room.” Bingo.

I walked into the room and it was tantamount to the Wizard of Oz’s transition from black and white to color after Dorothy gets slammed in the head during the twister. There it was-- my first actual in-the-flesh E60 M5 experience. But it was the bonus round today for MJ, because sitting just in front of the M5 was an M6 in the same color. At that moment the manager rounded the corner and said in perfect English, “Would you like to have a drive?”

Then, I woke up like Dorothy. Just a quick daydream. Both cars were silbergrau or silver grey, the exact color that I ordered earlier this week for my September production slot. Hands down, the car looks a lot better in person than in pictures, as Gustav impressed upon me in Stockholm on Wednesday. The M5 was outfitted with extended black Merino leather which does not include the leather dash and door panels and center console which I ordered. It also had the standard aluminum trim and I opted for the walnut option as I have on my four E39’s.

The dealership staff was very friendly and an attractive young blonde salesperson named Kim opened the car and allowed me to sit inside. My wife was pretty cool with the dealer detour, although she did take some extra time at Bvlgari, Hermes and KaDeWe in retaliation. She did give thumbs up to the silver-grey/black combo.

I am still not completely thrilled with the E60 design outside and inside, but I feel better than I did. München also learned this, as is evident with the E90 redesign.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I was at the Ku-damm dealer recently - no M cars when I was there though :sad3:

It's a funky dealership, two floors with a swooping staircase right in the middle of the main shopping street in Berlin.

Any pictures MJ?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
I was at the Ku-damm dealer recently - no M cars when I was there though :sad3:

It's a funky dealership, two floors with a swooping staircase right in the middle of the main shopping street in Berlin.

Any pictures MJ?
That place opened in 2003 as BMW did not have presence on the Ku'dam, whereas MB has one right across the street of where they are now. It is BMW AG owned, and the main dealer is out of downtown area. The main dealer in Tiergarten (Huttenstrasse) has decent facility, but nothing like the HUGE MB showroom with rock climbing wall and F1 racer haning from ceiling off of 17 Juni Strasse near Tiergarten.

John

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
That is a great story- Im glad things are working out for you. Please share pictures and impressions when the delivery happens. Have a great rest of your trip and travel safe :)

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am now up at 35,000 feet on my SAS flight to Dulles. They have high speed Wi-Fi on all international flights. In Belin I also viewed the fancy two-story BMW store on the main shopping street, but the M5 and M6 were actually at their large showroom about 10 minutes away. I have pictures and will post when I get home.

MJ

·
Registered
7 Posts
I highly suggest you having a look at "BMW Riller & Schnauck Berlin" instead of the BMW Autohaus at Kurfürstendamm. It´s far better there .. all models, even many tuned cars (Hamann etc.) ..

The adress is:
Hindenburgdamm 68 12203 Berlin
Tel.: (030) 79 00 95 - 0
Fax: (030) 79 00 95 - 400
Service Hotline: (030) 79 00 95 - 13

Also the Mercedes dealer across the BMW shop has no chance against the .. how can i call it ... Mercedes Flagshipstore at Salzufer in Berlin-Tiergarten ;)

My first post with crappy english ... hi :byebye:

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Very nice!! Oh man. cant wait to actually see and sit in one. They are taking too long to get here in the states!

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Thanks for the pictures- silver grey is good on the M5, I think it does not suit the M6 as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts