BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, being still a pretty new owner of the beast, can someone please help me answer the followings?

1) Should I even attempt to clean the MAFs if my '02 has only 17k miles on it with stock filters? The car is running fine, no hesitation, but I wouldn't really know what's running PERFECT since I only got the car used :p

2) I read that during the first 10k miles, the beast drinks oil like mad, but what about at 17k? The last service was back in Aug and I got the car end of Jan this year.. Should I be checking the oil level often? If so, how often??? And when would the oil warning light comes on? Only after it's below the min level?

3) How do you keep the engine plastic components looking like new? My engine is clean but the plastic parts are all very dull and dry looking...

4) Is there any other regular weekly/monthly check that I should be doing?

Thanks guys :)

·
10,456 Posts
i'd check the oil weekly. Not sure when the check oil warning goes on, but it's not hard to check the old fashioned way.

I wouldn't mess with the mafs if there's no problems.

As for the plastic, any vinyl/rubber dressing will shine them up.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Make sure that when you check to oil you follow the procedure set forth in the manual exactly, otherwise your readings will be off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts