BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think that's what this forum is about so here's what i just found out and did it on my car...i think a lot of people will be interested in this so..
Yesterday i met a guy and he coded my car to fold the mirrors up when u lock the car and the windows up on the remote...M5's have this feature on europe only i think.
So now i can lock my car and hold the button for 2 seconds the mirrors fold up and more 1 second the windows roll up...and when u unlock the car the mirrors fold down and if you wish hold the button and the windows roll down...very nice man!!
Anyways if there's more interest on this i can talk to him and we can arrange a group of dudes to go down to his place and do this..
I'll try to post a vid tomorrow..

BTW i searched the forum a lot and couldn't find anything about this done on our cars(just people talking about it) so forgive me if this have been done already..just trying to help

<object height="385" width="640">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hDO0H76cyo0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="640"></object>

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vid is a must..
Yeah i know that ill do it tomorrow...I wanted to give people here a heads up and it looks like he can do in any 3 series and 5 series...yesterday took him longer because he didnt have the files necessary( i guess) to my m5..

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Great mod. I vaguely recall reading something about this a while back and I think others have done it. If only I can find someone locally to do mine.

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
^ Same here.

·
Registered
531 Posts
im def interested and i live out on longisland

·
Registered
596 Posts
Freddy...I REALLY want these feature. If he can do it, then we (any member/anywhere). See EXACTLY how he is doing it.

I assume: hook laptop upto car, SSH or connect into iDrive backend/files in some fashion, backup existing files, upload new files...enjoy.

In for more details please!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'd drive up to NY for the window up feature. Will the mirrors fold up if I close the windows with my comfort access?

·
Registered
596 Posts
I'd drive up to NY for the window up feature. Will the mirrors fold up if I close the windows with my comfort access?
I would assume anytime the system is armed/disarmed, the mirrors will go up/down. Should have any factor on how the system is armed/disarmed.

I also like the feature of windows going up. As you can make them go down...but not in reverse...lame OEM 1/2 feature.

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
i'm in orlando , def interested! VIDEO IS A MUST!!! :D:D:D:D:D
Since you're in Orlando i can arrange for your car to get coded with Patryk if you want.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
video up:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hDO0H76cyo0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hDO0H76cyo0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

·
Registered
452 Posts
good for NY. if you are outside of NY, you can DIY with INPA Cable and NCS Expert.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts