BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2002 BMW M5 E39 Dinan
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I painted my car two years ago but never took any decent photos of it..

So... last night I got myself together, and asked my friend J. Morton to help me out with the shoot.

We drank plenty beers, smoked cigars and other things, hung big bed sheets in the trees on the street to spread the light. Worked from dusk till dawn (literally). Done on the driveway. Here's the results.

The car has 153k miles / 246k km on odometer. The camera was a Canon 40D w/ Sigma 17-70mm lens.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Neat photos, but I want to see it in the sun, in it's natural environment. :3:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Otto! Did the adventure start yet?

·
Registered
2002 BMW M5 E39 Dinan
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet! I love the bonnet/hood badge delete, are you going to follow suit with the boot/trunk as well?
Eventually, I was thinking ... or maybe I leave black logo in back.. or when I get Euro-trunk in Europe I'll do the delete. Definitely much cleaner w/ out the roundels.

Otto! Did the adventure start yet?
Nope. Haven't packed yet, been busy with taking pictures! Everything's in motion though.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Simply original bad ***!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Car looks beautiful!

I just can't help but think how much nicer the pics could have looked properly lit and exposed. All the details are hidden :(

·
Registered
798 Posts
Dayam that's amazing bro! :applause: The quality of the shots is on par, if not better, than what BMW would do. Bravo! The best ideas do come late at night, eh?

Reminds me of when BMW released a special edition murdered out M3 to commemorate Bruno Spengler's DTM championship!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
is that real carbon fiber trim or is that wrapped

·
Registered
2002 BMW M5 E39 Dinan
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dayam that's amazing bro! :applause: The quality of the shots is on par, if not better, than what BMW would do. Bravo! The best ideas do come late at night, eh?
Reminds me of when BMW released a special edition murdered out M3 to commemorate Bruno Spengler's DTM championship!
Yeah the best ideas do come at night.. when the hands are free for shenanigans. Glad you think I'm on par w/ BMW's... because our lightning setup was ghetto.... once I get couple days to build a real lightning setup then there will be photos to be remembered for long times.

is that real carbon fiber trim or is that wrapped
Wrapp.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts