BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out some interesting info today on the wheel weights of Miro 111 vs. the VMR VB3s.

The Miro 111 are low pressure cast wheels, which are lighter and stronger than the more common gravity cast variety (ie: VMR).

For your reference...

Miro 111 19x9.5 ET33

VMR VB3 18x9.5 ET20 (my old set)

Surprising results, especially since we're comparing 18 vs 19s.

I have a set of Miro 111 19x9.5 ET20 in 74.1mm CB coming back from the powdercoaters soon (hyper black custom finish). Will weigh them before putting them on my car.

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Damn thats not bad for a 19x9.5 especially vs price point. Im still happy with mine though (20.5lbs). Those wheels are definately growing on me though!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
edit: just found this, yep my point exactly, they look "missplaced"

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39-m5-e52-z8-discussion/159244-miro-111s-e39-m5.html
That's not a fair representation as that particular board member's car was not lowered and did not have any supporting aerodynamic enhancements to pull off the aggressive look and stance of the Miro 111 19x9.5 square setup.

I believe many will be pleasantly surprised with the outcome...just like the VMR VB3s 18x9.5 square setup. :byebye:

·
Registered
68 Posts
That's not a fair representation as that particular board member's car was not lowered and did not have any supporting aerodynamic enhancements to pull off the aggressive look and stance of the Miro 111 19x9.5 square setup.

I believe many will be pleasantly surprised with the outcome...just like the VMR VB3s 18x9.5 square setup. :byebye:
Ehh, you may be right, do you have any pictures to change my mind? :)

Actually if anything I was going to say they are not aggressive enough. I had them on my e46 and for a 9.5 wide rim the concave should be much more agressive. I love the style of the rim, and I'm sure it would look a whole lot better if the e39 was slammed.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Ehh, you may be right, do you have any pictures to change my mind? :)

Actually if anything I was going to say they are not aggressive enough. I had them on my e46 and for a 9.5 wide rim the concave should be much more agressive. I love the style of the rim, and I'm sure it would look a whole lot better if the e39 was slammed.
Here is a pic of VMR VB3's on mine:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts