1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Man, M5's are worse than buses, once you buy one half-a-dozen good ones come along at once - not that mine is bad.
I would love a later e34M5 such as your's, plus being the right side of the border helps. I doubt you'll get what you are looking for on ebay, that's if your reserve is over 8k, mind you, getting an E60 does suggest that you could give the 'old bucket' away, if so let me know.
In short David if it doesn't sell on ebay and you can wait a month-ish I would be very interested, i.e. need to sell mine first.
Cheers,
Phil.

·
Registered
707 Posts
WoW! that could be the sister car to mine!

Same colour.

Same age - down to the month!

Same mileage - give or take 3000 miles.

Just hope you get sensible money for it - or I'll cry cos I've paid too much for mine!!

I reckon that to someone who KNOWS what's what with these cars, it's got to be worth around £9k. However, unfortunately, I don't think you'll get that.

Best of luck with the sale.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Phil / Rob

To be honest i put it on eBay to test the water for value - if i get a crackin' offer i'll let it go, if not i'll continue to run it and sell later at a 'bargain' figure - my new car isn't due till approx. 12 months from now but i have a feeling the suppling dealer is going to have one available earlier than that.

As for values, i paid £10,500 for it in January, seller was asking £12,500, similar car at Munich Legends was on offer at £15,500 at the time (now listing at £14,500) so i accept they seem to have dropped a bit with all the E39s coming onto the market - my idea was it would bottom out at about £8,000 and stay there. Time will tell if i'm right!!

Phil - i doubt the car will sell too so i'll be happy to keep in touch with you and do a deal when the time comes.

Rob - my VIN is GE00287, close to yours i bet!!

Cheers,
David.

·
Registered
707 Posts
David,

Our cars are twins!

I gave slightly less for mine in Nov last year! The similarities are uncanny!

As for VIN - I have no idea without going out and checking - but I will do later, just for interest.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I will be coming to Aberdeen in the coming weeks. I would want to view this car.

Did you have a guide price in mind for what you'll let it go for?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hi Cyrus

As mentioned above i'll sell the car if an offer is made that basically i can't refuse - at this point in time that would be what the car's costing me i.e. £11,000 (paid £10,500, plus getting it up the road, and replaced radiator and new MOT since) - otherwise i'll hang onto it for a good few months yet until the new car arrives, at that point i would be willing to take a more realistic look at it, around £8/9k.

Let me know if that's of interest, be happy to let you see it either way when you're up.

Cheers,
David.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
will wait until your new car arrives. That way you can take me a for drive in the 507bhp beast aswell! Sounds like a plan!:biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts