BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone,

We're in the final stages of recommissioning an E34 Touring 6 speed which we sourced for a very valued client. It's almost ready to go to its excited owner, but there's one final piece in the puzzle before it's ready.

The car is stunningly original and we've invested much time returning it to 1995 showroom fresh condition.

We're struggling with condition of the inner front headlights, having now sourced 3 or more pairs from BMW Classic, on each occasion the lights have arrived with very milky/clouded lenses, which is spoiling the look of the car.

Does anyone happen to know an alternative OE source of these lights please?

So sorry to ask, but thank you in advance.

Best regards

Lee
RH Classics

·
Registered
458 Posts
Good morning everyone,

We're in the final stages of recommissioning an E34 Touring 6 speed which we sourced for a very valued client. It's almost ready to go to its excited owner, but there's one final piece in the puzzle before it's ready.

The car is stunningly original and we've invested much time returning it to 1995 showroom fresh condition.

We're struggling with condition of the inner front headlights, having now sourced 3 or more pairs from BMW Classic, on each occasion the lights have arrived with very milky/clouded lenses, which is spoiling the look of the car.

Does anyone happen to know an alternative OE source of these lights please?

So sorry to ask, but thank you in advance.

Best regards

Lee
RH Classics

I have Brand New Hella and Bosch lenses, if it works, PM me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found mine on eBay for reasonable money, I don't know why it just affects the inner full beams but it spoils the front end, just about every E34 I've ever seen has milky inner lights!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know - not sure why BMW seem unable to supply suitable replacements without the added milkyness either!

·
Registered
18 Posts
One of my lights is a little milky looking also and the other one is perfectly clear. That’s strange I’ve never noticed it before. Could be a contaminant inside during the production process.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Pour a small amount of isopropyl alcohol in to the headlight and swirl it around to get rid of the cloudy coating on the inside of the glass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts