BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got an order on a new M5 through Military Sales Program (MSP). Currently I'm deployed with the U.S. Navy on an FFG with very slow internet connection. Dont flame me because I didnt search first. It takes over 5 mins to load a page; maybe longer.

My question is when do I pay for the Gas Guzzler tax? Is it at the time when I pick up my M5 at the Performance Center Delivery or maybe when I register for my license plates? I'm planning on transferring tags from my M3.

Best Regards,

·
Registered
288 Posts
when you pick up the car. its included in the MSRP no separate payment is required.

thank you

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not purchasing my car within the US such as in a dealership. I'm pretty much ordering the new M5 through MSP which the price is well below MSRP. I'll be picking up my car at PDC in Spartanburg SC. It looks as if the $3000 gas guzzler tax wont be included in my final purchase cost of the M5.

Regards,

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I bought mine through military sales as well. You have to pay the price of the car plus gas tax when you get assigned a VIN number before the car goes into production.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I didn't pay gas guzzler tax, but I took delivery in Germany.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I'm not purchasing my car within the US such as in a dealership. I'm pretty much ordering the new M5 through MSP which the price is well below MSRP. I'll be picking up my car at PDC in Spartanburg SC. It looks as if the $3000 gas guzzler tax wont be included in my final purchase cost of the M5.

Regards,
Gadgetman, you're gonna *love* taking delivery at the PC! That's how I picked up my car as well. Tons of great driving roads around there as well! You get a 1-day delivery school when you pick up from the PC. This is in addition to the M5 DE. Be sure to contact Donnie Isley before you arrive. Donnie's a great guy, and is one of the driving instructors there-- he'll take good care of you! He's on the Board as member willwintoday. :cheers:

·
Registered
76 Posts
You are taking US delivery, so you have to pay Gas Guzzler. It should be part of your quote. Import tax is included in the States deliver price.

You are responsible for State tax and licensing fees. I had to pay the State Tax before they would register the car.

States Delivery 2,150.00
Gas Guzzler Tax (SMG) 3,000.00

Regards,

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
You are taking US delivery, so you have to pay Gas Guzzler. It should be part of your quote. Import tax is included in the States deliver price.

You are responsible for State tax and licensing fees. I had to pay the State Tax before they would register the car.

States Delivery 2,150.00
Agreed

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank for the replies. The states side delivery charges have changed to $775.00. On my original Purchase Order (PO) for an M3 there wasnt a Gas Guzzler Tax. I changed my PO last week for an M5. When she emails my new PO, I'll verify if the GGT is listed.

Best Regards,

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't see how it could only be $775.00. You can't ship it across the US for that.
Yes it true. The shipping cost has changed to $775.00. It's listed on my purchase order. In regards to the GGT, my sales person is going to call BMW AG on Wednesday to get more amplifying information.

·
Registered
213 Posts

States Delivery 2,150.00
ditto, purchased mine thru MSP and paid GG tax up front.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My MSP Rep emailed me back and said that the GGT was included in the price of the car.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Just out of curiosity, who is your sales rep with PCS? I bought my wife's X3 through them while stationed in Italy and it was a smooth deal.

Go up and tell the OOD he needs to zig zag across the track to open up the footprint... ;) Call it..."helmsman training" if anyone brings up the COSOs. :haha2:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just out of curiosity, who is your sales rep with PCS? I bought my wife's X3 through them while stationed in Italy and it was a smooth deal.

Go up and tell the OOD he needs to zig zag across the track to open up the footprint... ;) Call it..."helmsman training" if anyone brings up the COSOs. :haha2:
I'm dealing with FIRST CHOICE MSP and my sales person is Lisa in Dubai UAE.

Cool... I tell the OOD where to go anyways because I'm the CIC Watch Officer. :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts