BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let me start off by saying that the Turbo S is one hell of a fast car. The 911 Turbo S runs 0-60 in 2.6 seconds and completes the 1/4 mile in 10.7 @ 129mph right off the showroom floor!

On our first run I was able to keep the lead and on the second run he held the lead. It was a matter of who hit the throttle first, so on just supercharger we are a pretty even match from a roll. The video below is our last run and I used a small 50hp shot of nitrous to make sure the BMW got the win.

Also, I have decided to sell my M3. I know that's probably a shocker, but I'm ready for a new project and have my sights set on a 2012 Nissan GT-R in the new Blue Pearl color. If you interested in buying my beast send me a PM. As most of you already know it has the fastest 1/4 mile and 60-130 times on record of any late model E9x BMW.

Reactions: Gustav

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Wow, cant beleive you took him!

How did the race look without NOS? Please share those vids and all the Turbo S vids :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
333 Posts
The first race just shows him disappear out of both of my cameras and the second race shows him pulling me by a car length and staying there until about 135mph.

Check out the Road & Track results are here: http://www.roadandtrack.com/content...7/version/1/file/RT_Power-of-12_datapanel.pdf
I got doubts about those times of the Porsche Turbo S. I know it's a very fast car, but 0-100mph in 6.3s is in McLaren F1 regions.
Find it hard do believe that a car that wheigs that heavy against the light powerful McLaren F1 is just a fast.
Of course the Porsche has 4WD and launch control with PDK, but eventhough 6.3s is amazingly fast.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I got doubts about those times of the Porsche Turbo S. I know it's a very fast car, but 0-100mph in 6.3s is in McLaren F1 regions.
Find it hard do believe that a car that wheigs that heavy against the light powerful McLaren F1 is just a fast.
Of course the Porsche has 4WD and launch control with PDK, but eventhough 6.3s is amazingly fast.

The Porsche has such great 0-60 and 0-100 times largely because of a few specific factors. First of all, it much of the car's weight is in the back (due to the engine obviously) which means it gets excellent traction because all that weight prevents wheel spin. Second of all, the PDK really improves launch and shift speed (definitely gets the car to 60 a good fraction of a second quicker than the manual equipped car). Lastly, the Porsche is designed to have the power primarily below 120-150 MPH as Gustav states, and I don't know if this is the case with the Mclaren F1.

afc1
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Did you race from a standstill? Now that would be interesting!
I don't he will stand a chance racing the turbo S from standing start. They alot better traction off the line.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts