BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please boycott Michelin. See my post to the USGP thread in the off topic forum.
N.

·
Registered
397 Posts
haha, ya buy bridgestone

·
Registered
397 Posts
Osodog said:
I just read a short article on this. If I had spent the money to see this, I would have been PI$$ED :grrrrr:

ya my friend flew all the way from houston to see the race, he called me the morning of the race and WAS NOT happy

Mark

·
Registered
962 Posts
The way I saw it Michelin weren't at fault.

Their tyre was not good enough, no doubt. But they owned up and correctly alerted people that it would be unsafe to race on the track as it was.

The way I see it the whole of F1 was at fault for not finding a solution. Espetially the FIA.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
stumbo said:
The way I saw it Michelin weren't at fault.

Their tyre was not good enough, no doubt. But they owned up and correctly alerted people that it would be unsafe to race on the track as it was.

The way I see it the whole of F1 was at fault for not finding a solution. Espetially the FIA.
I think part of the fault lies on FIA for this new "one tire for everything" rule. Michelin (as I understand it) flew in new tires that met the requirements for the venue, but FIA rejected them because it would constitute a tire change, which is not allowed under the new rule...

Very sad. Bad day for Michelin, Bad day for F1, bad day for the fans... :crying:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts